Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

usb device problems

Options
  • 23-04-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

I have a number of usb devices that all seem to of gave up at the same time. i have a 4gb usb stick, 2 500gb external hard drives and the usb cable i use with my Ipod. i have tried all of these in at least 3 different computers and none of them will work. i borrowed a usb stick off my brother and tried it in the same 3 computers and it will work without any hassle. i have looked in device manager and nothing is showing up with regards to new drivers being needed. i have looked in computer management and nothing shows up. i can't imagine the all devices failed at the same time. i have ran scans on the computers for viruses and spyware. apart from minor things the scans showed up nothing serious. i can't see how it is the usb ports on the computers as the usb i got off my brother seems to work in these ports. i have totally ran out of ideas.

i would appreciate all input especially if anyone has came across this problem before.

regards

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wrong place, should be in Computers and Technology not Building and Upgrading.

In any case if what you say is true I would think a faulty bus might have blown all the devices, but that shouldnt happen. Try giving one of the drives yo your brother and see if he can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭colmtowey

Thanks for the reply.

i have tried the usb devices in a number of computers and no computer will recognize them. i have tried everything under the sun but no joy. i am getting a code 43 error on one computer but not on the other. on all computers the usb devices come up in device manager as unknown devices. i am getting a conflict symbol on one of the computers but not on the other.

any help would be very much appreciated.

ps: apologies for posting in the wrong section. thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Colm

Advertisement