Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus piercing- didn't heal properly (scar tissue)

Options
  • 23-04-2011 2:13am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had a tragus piercing for a year now but it took quite a while to heal up properly. It's fully healed now but still has a raised bump of red scar tissue around the outside of the piercing, which isn't too noticeable but which you can see clearly if I take the bar out.
    Kind of like this picture I found on google
    dsc01805fq8.jpg
    but it's fully healed at this stage so it's just the scar tissue, not an infection at this stage.

Will it ever heal properly? Is there anything I can do, like use bio-oil or anything to 'smooth' it out or will it always be like this?

Any advice appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Probably hypertropic scarring which is very common in cartilage piercings. I have it on my scaffold at the moment :( Try using chammomile tea bags as they can really help. Make yourself a mug of chammomile tea and let the tea bag cool down a bit so's it's not boiling but just warm. Put the warm tea bag on your piercing and leave it for about 5 minutes. Repeat this once or twice a day and you should start to see results. Can't say exactly when as everyone's different but hopefully it works. If not you can use tea tree oil (1 drop of it to your mug of sea salt solution) but it's very harsh on the skin and should only be used as a last resort option.

Advertisement