Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

space Shuttle and Fuel Tank visible April 29th

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2011-04-29-nasa-endeavour-shuttle-launch-postponed_n.htm

did this take off yet or what?
    says monday on the news yet im seeing posts here with photos of something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 babyface11

I was looking out but couldnt see it, do i need a telescope???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

jimmynokia wrote: »
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2011-04-29-nasa-endeavour-shuttle-launch-postponed_n.htm

Launch of the Shuttle was scrubbed today until at least Monday. The other posts are referring to the ISS passing overhead tonight around 21.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

jimmynokia wrote: »

That's the I.S.S. passing over at 21:30 this evening.

Endeavour is hoping to launch 1st May @ 14:59 EDT

ha i see thanks for that,was loosing the head there for a bit......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I saw something pass over there about 20 minutes ago or so. I presume it was a satillite. Was moving from east to west...very faint compared to nearby stars.

It was only by chance I saw it...I had stepped out for a breath of fresh air and was looking up! So came on here to mention it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I saw it twice tonight, would have been nicer to see the shuttle and fuel tank though. :rolleyes:

i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Thank god. Completely forgot about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

Will the shuttle be visible in Ireland if it launches at 19:33 Irish time on monday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

dynamick wrote: »
    Will the shuttle be visible in Ireland if it launches at 19:33 Irish time on monday?
    You will get to see it pass over later on but not just after the launch with the tank as it will be far too bright here at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

The chances of seeing the shuttle and et after take off are well and truly gone now unless something drastic happens with STS135

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

The chances of seeing the shuttle and et after take off are well and truly gone now unless something drastic happens with STS135
    Always a chance for 135:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just remembered this today! Totally forgot!! So I take it that it launched already??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Just remembered this today! Totally forgot!! So I take it that it launched already??

Monday 16th is the launch day. Was problems with the launch and it scrubbed.

Cool! Glad I didnt miss it. Any idea of the launch time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Launch is at 13.56 Irish time on Monday.

Cool! Glad I didnt miss it. Any idea of the launch time?
    Just so you know the Shuttle and tank will not be visible from Ireland this time.

Ye, I jsut realised that after my last post. Pity.

What are the chances it'll be delayed 8 hours or so?? ;)

Ye, I jsut realised that after my last post. Pity.

What are the chances it'll be delayed 8 hours or so?? ;)
    None:( They only have a 5 min or so launch window.

• Advertisement
Advertisement