Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stella Atrois Cidre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Pretty nasty to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Saruman wrote: »
    Pretty nasty to be honest.

You summed it up perfectly, completely vile stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

LaBaguette wrote: »
    Fun story : I've been told by the owner of a crêperie that Breton cider could be found in a wine shop in Blackrock. So off to Blackrock I went, asking every publican and shop owner about French cider.

Most of them just shook their heads in bewilderment, a few knew that there was cider made in France, but one give it a minute's thought, and asked me if I was after the Stella Artois Cidre.

I died a little inside.

Wonder if they meant http://www.hollandsofbray.com/ instead of blackrock. They usually have different stuff in every so often.

Been tempted to try this stuff but just haven't had the opportunity to buy some of it and haven't had much of a taste for cider recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Breton cider could be found in a wine shop in Blackrock.
    Did you try oddbins? they have a good selection of beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I bought a box of the stella cider yesterday. Its ok, better than bulmers but still not great. If anyone knows a place to get good quality french/belgian cider in Galway could they please tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Can't think of the name off hand but there is that world food shop on one of the pedestrian streets. Lots of good beer down the back.

Also try Cases.

[edit]

Oh the first one is McCambridges

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

rubadub wrote: »
    Did you try oddbins? they have a good selection of beers.

Oddbins is now closed. A few publicans told me that it would have been the best place to get that kind of stuff, but well.

@Mantel : I doubt Holland's was what they had in mind, but I'll go and check anyway - haven't been there yet, and it sounds like the kind of place I want to spend my paycheck in.

It's not an urgent carving either, it just goes very well with crêpes - or indeed galettes, which are not savoury crêpes but crêpe-like things made of buckwheat. And that's yuuummmmmy. With eggs, ham and grated Emmental. Mmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

@Mantel : I doubt Holland's was what they had in mind, but I'll go and check anyway - haven't been there yet, and it sounds like the kind of place I want to spend my paycheck in.

Indeed! They're stocking some of the recent craft beers that have started to appear around the country. They also have a twitter account so you can check with them for french cider before paying a visit, they recently had a small fire in the shop but I believe most of it has been fixed/repaired now.

Advertisement