Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Grade

Options
  • 23-04-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Thinking about getting an I grade for one of exams (genuine medical reasons). I have 40% of the module done and on a A1 so happy out, but will I be able to keep this percentage if I get an I grade or will the exam count for 100% of my module?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

ulinbac wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thinking about getting an I grade for one of exams (genuine medical reasons). I have 40% of the module done and on a A1 so happy out, but will I be able to keep this percentage if I get an I grade or will the exam count for 100% of my module?

Thanks in advance.

the person to ask about this aoife finnerty in the su her email is sueducation@ul.ie

i would be of the opinion that you would retain the 40% and your exam would be still worth 60% as well as having a un-capped grade .

hope this helps you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.

i-grades aren't capped at a c3 so the orinigal assesment criteria applies, but you don't have the opportunity to repeat it if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Thanks for the replies. Will contact SU to make sure though.

Thanks for the replies. Will contact SU to make sure though.

Email Aoife.Finnerty@ul.ie asap and try get in to see her Tuesday to give you situation specific info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 turkey46

No, I did an i grade last summer and I had an A1 on 50% of the module but the exam I had to do was the repeat exam which was 100%. The only difference will be that you are not capped.

Unless your module allows it, which I doubt, you will be doing a 100% exam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Hi Turkey,

My module does allow it so happy out. Where do I hand my medical certs into for the I-Grade, or who do I give them to?

Lecturer I would presume

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi Turkey,

My module does allow it so happy out. Where do I hand my medical certs into for the I-Grade, or who do I give them to?

The medical centre. I-grade applications have to be made via the medical centre, counselling department or chaplaincy. If you've got a medical cert already, you submit it via the medical centre.

Advertisement