Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BiG Irish MMA Magazine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Holding pads for Ben Davis to kick. That jobs gotta suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Richy06 wrote: »
    Why are you so thick all the time Forest Master? Have you a pencil wedged up your knob? Has someone held you down and plucked the hairs from your arsehole one by one whilst being force fed raw chicken?

Did your father talk down on to you in the most condescending manner possible no matter what you did to please him?

Either way, I don't think I've seen a SINGLE positive word or sentence by you on the whole of boards. You're snarky and prickish to the extreme for no rhyme or reason. Kindly piss off! You arsebox,
    No, man - none of that stuff ever happened. Didn't even know that pencil/knob stuff or arse hair plucking was that common - I guess we grew up in different scenes.

So are you annoying just because I'm not a ball-licker who says "OMG that clip was amazing" even though it wasn't? Is that it? Am I an "arsebox" just because my opinion isn't the same as yours? Wow.

You call me an arsebox, yet I'm not even bothered reporting you & getting you an infraction for personal abuse. So what's my motive then? Oh yeah, that's right - my opinion is different to yours - why abuse me for that? I'm breaking no rules here - I'm not getting personal, I'm not getting abusive, and my feedback is specific & constructive & detailed.
    I'm actually dumbfounded that just because I constructively express a DIFFERENT opinion, I get a torrent of personal abuse from multiple posters ITT. :confused:

What's an arsebox, BTW? Again, we must have grown up in different surroundings, because I never remember seeing one of them lying around the gaff growing up. Do you put your arse in it? Or is it a box full of arses? Or maybe it's a regular box that just has a picture of an arse on it? hmmmm.
    da-bres wrote: »
    looking back at the discussion tommy didnt say anything bad, or insulting, you just went nuts...

Are you on cocaine?

I never said he said anything "bad, or insulting" - why are you making stuff up now?

I said "I don't get the point of that clip". And I said he got all sarcastic & defensive: "I apoligise for taking 51 seconds of your life and will check with you in future before posting anything that may not be of interest to you personally"

I never said he got "bad, or insulting" - but keep making stuff up if it makes you like you're pwning me. I don't need to make up stuff to feel validated.

And yes - lots of cocaine - because that's the only explanation for having a different opinion, isn't it? I think that Youtube clip he posted is boring - if you all want to abuse me for that, then go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

No, man - none of that stuff ever happened. Didn't even know that pencil/knob stuff or arse hair plucking was that common - I guess we grew up in different scenes.

So are you annoying just because I'm not a ball-licker who says "OMG that clip was amazing" even though it wasn't? Is that it? Am I an "arsebox" just because my opinion isn't the same as yours? Wow.

You call me an arsebox, yet I'm not even bothered reporting you & getting you an infraction for personal abuse. So what's my motive then? Oh yeah, that's right - my opinion is different to yours - why abuse me for that? I'm breaking no rules here - I'm not getting personal, I'm not getting abusive, and my feedback is specific & constructive & detailed.
    I'm actually dumbfounded that just because I constructively express a DIFFERENT opinion, I get a torrent personal abuse from multiple posters ITT. Yet, it's ME that's the bad guy? :confused:

I never said he said anything "bad, or insulting" - why are you making stuff up now?

I said "I don't get the point of that clip". And he got all sarcastic & defensive: "I apoligise for taking 51 seconds of your life and will check with you in future before posting anything that may not be of interest to you personally"

I never said he got "bad, or insulting" - but keep making stuff up if it makes you like you're pwning me. I don't need to make up stuff to feel validated.

you did before you edited your post you weasel, Don't know why im having a discussion with a negative creep like you.

your are literally the saddest person ever.
    I hope you make friends some day and have some normal fun. Instead of hating on people for their efforts.

Aside from this what makes you think your opinion is so important?? are you any way experienced in MMA, are you any way involved in Irish MMA?? why should anyone even acknowledge your anonymous thoughts on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'm more referring to your general attitude, not this particular post. I honestly don't give a **** if I get an infraction or a ban. You are entitled to have your own opinion, I do not begrudge you nor anyone else this freedom. But it's the manner with which you pick at everything. It's not the difference in opinion that grates on me or anyone I'd say for that matter, again, it's the way with which you constantly snipe and pick at people on here. You then veil your behaviour as a "difference of opinion". It's plain for everyone to see on here and I don't think I need to get into examples of it. It's just tiresome.

If that is how you behave around people in your personal and professional life then I would be surprised you get away with it. Or maybe that's why you do it on here? You wouldn't get away with it in the "real world".

Richy06 wrote: »
    I'm more referring to your general attitude, not this particular post. I honestly don't give a **** if I get an infraction or a ban. You are entitled to have your own opinion, I do not begrudge you nor anyone else this freedom. But it's the manner with which you pick at everything. It's not the difference in opinion that grates on me or anyone I'd say for that matter, again, it's the way with which you constantly snipe and pick at people on here. You then veil your behaviour as a "difference of opinion". It's plain for everyone to see on here and I don't think I need to get into examples of it. It's just tiresome.

If that is how you behave around people in your personal and professional life then I would be surprised you get away with it. Or maybe that's why you do it on here? You wouldn't get away with it in the "real world".

AMEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

BTW. I don't follow the Irish MMA scene ...

That is all.

you did before you edited your post you weasel,
    Well that's weird, because I didn't edit any of my posts on the last page.
    Don't know why im having a discussion with a negative creep like you.

haha - you called me a 'creep'. Maybe you can slap me in the face too so it'll be like a scene from Grease, or an 80's teen movie.
    Aside from this what makes you think your opinion is so important?? are you any way experienced in MMA, are you any way involved in Irish MMA?? why should anyone even acknowledge your anonymous thoughts on the matter.

Same questions back to you, mate.
    And I never said "my opinions are important" - you just made that up as well. Why do you keep making up stuff? You said I claimed that Tommy was "bad and insulting", when I didn't. You then said I edited my "bad, or insulting" post on the last page, which I didn't. You're just making stuff up!

And if you don't think my opinions are important, then why do you care what I say? :confused:

To summarise:
    Tommy: here's a video where nothing really happens.
    Me: I don't get it.
    da-bres: weirdo, Are you on cocaine?, weasel, creep, saddest person ever
    Richy06: thick, pencil wedged up your knob, plucked the hairs from your arsehole, force fed raw chicken, snarky, prickish, arsebox, piss off

:(

But I guess I'm the prick, eh?

To summarise:
    Richy06: thick, pencil wedged up your knob, plucked the hairs from your arsehole, force fed raw chicken, snarky, prickish, arsebox, piss off

Actually there was a bit more to it than that

You sure are.

• Advertisement

EnjoyChoke wrote: »
    That is all.
    LOL - you post that as if it has relevance to anything ever.
    Should we start again so I can fit in then?

Okay, here goes - let me know if you guys will accept me now:

OMG Tommy - that clip was amazing - please post more! Thanks for all of your hard work & effort - it's really appreciated! It really cool! Who cares about typos! Reading is gay anyway! Anyone who doesn't agree that your magazine & youtube clip are amazing are just jealous begrudgers, and they have no life and they're arseboxes too! 500MB is nothing anyway - people just like moaning.

Yeah!!

Do I fit in yet?

Oh no, wait - I don't follow the Irish MMA scene - so that means the clip was amazing all along and I just didn't "get it" - and all of those typos and problems with the magazine that I listed didn't actually exist - they were all just figments of my imagination due to not following the Irish MMA scene. Because if you read a magazine & you don't following the Irish MMA scene, it makes it look different for you than it does for everyone else and also makes your opinion invalid! Makes sense, doesn't it?

Nice summary of my post though. Nice work dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Sure you were already banned from the Self defence and martial arts forum for being a dick.

Here's my favourite quote from a movie and I think you should pay attention to it.....

"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Tommy posts up a video of his new favourite toy as a sampler of what is gonna be used at Cage Contender and in issue 2.
    You come in with the brilliant input of "I dont get it"
    What was there not to get?

Dean09 wrote: »
    Sure you were already banned from the Self defence and martial arts forum for being a dick.

No, I was banned because I made a non-offensive joke. Makikomi just doesn't like me because my opinion differs from his.

This is exactly what happened:

OP: anyone know where I can play slappy hands?
    Me: Try the playground at lunch break - they play patty cake there.
    Makikomi: Banned.

Well that's weird, because I didn't edit any of my posts on the last page.

haha - you called me a 'creep'. Maybe you can slap me in the face too so it'll be like a scene from Grease, or an 80's teen movie.

Same questions back to you, mate.
    And I never said "my opinions are important" - you just made that up as well. Why do you keep making up stuff? You said I claimed that Tommy was "bad and insulting", when I didn't. You then said I edited my "bad, or insulting" post on the last page, which I didn't. You're just making stuff up!

And if you don't think my opinions are important, then why do you care what I say? :confused:

To summarise:

:(

Ok.....

You did edit the post, the one with the big writing, thats why I immediatly used the words bad and insulting, only you and I may very well know this and i dont expect you to come out clean.

you are a negative creep,

The way you mock other peoples posts as 'asslicking'' lets me know you think you are more important.

I didnt make a single thing up, and the dialogue you have down is clearly edited.

you didnt answer my question bdw, regarding what makes anyone want to listen to your opinions? I personally dont hide behind a user name, my blog has the same title as my name. My 7+ years of MA experience might also come in handy, my MMA and jiu jitsu experience etc..

As far as caring about what you say?? I care about tommys magazine and dont like to see it being slated by some douche bag internet weirdo

• Advertisement

No, I was banned because I made a non-offensive joke. Makikomi just doesn't like me because my opinion differs from his.

Breaking one of the most common boards wide rules.
    "Dont be a d1ck"

Tommy posts up a video of his new favourite toy as a sampler of what is gonna be used at Cage Contender and in issue 2.
    You come in with the brilliant input of "I dont get it"
    What was there not to get?

Eh, the part where he said it was a "video of his new favourite toy as a sampler of what is gonna be used at Cage Contender and in issue 2" - ALL OF THAT. He never gave a description of the video at all. And when I asked what I was missing he said "does it have to have a point?".
    So, considering he said nothing about it being a ref cam, or CC2, or issue 2, you assume I can read his mind & gather all of that info out of nowhere? That works against me now?

Eh, the part where he said it was a "video of his new favourite toy as a sampler of what is gonna be used at Cage Contender and in issue 2" - ALL OF THAT. He never gave a description of the video at all. And when I asked what I was missing he said "does it have to have a point?".
    So, considering he said nothing about it being a ref cam, or CC2, or issue 2, you assume I can read his mind & gather all of that info out of nowhere? That works against me now?

He had earlier in the thread. It was on the same page i think even.

In fairness, I've met afew people who work in TV/Film who have attitudes like you do and I'm not surprised to find that that is what you do.

I'm not saying anything more on the subject. It's plain to people what you are like and you seem to live in your own little world where it's ok to act like you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

or perhaps read the description on youtube!

• Advertisement

tommyl2010 wrote: »
    That too:p

Good ol Mak :)

There was no description on Youtube when you posted that link & I watched it. And you know that too, so stop backtracking. Why do you need to try & make me look foolish to validate yourself & look big in front of your mates on here? There was no description - just a clip.
    He had earlier in the thread. It was on the same page i think even.
    He didn't. Link to it if he did.

He didn't. Link to it if he did.
    Sorry was on the Cage Contender thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

1) Ref cams are always cool.
    2) You get the see the stunning surroundings of Newpoint.

What's the problem again? :)

Tim_Murphy wrote: »

One posters constant attitude :mad:

Sh*t - how the hell did I miss that! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

I hope you all get banned. I went hunting through the thread looking for the offensive stuff and there was nothing except someone saying they thought a video was boring.

Pack of arseboxes the lot of yiz.

1) Ref cams are always cool.
    2) You get the see the stunning surroundings of Newpoint.

completely agree, great little taster of whats to come in issue 2. It would be cool to do one with both owen and Ben as a preview before the fight:)

• Advertisement

I hope you all get banned. I went hunting through the thread looking for the offensive stuff and there was nothing except someone saying they thought a video was boring.

I dislike this Barry. Bring back Roper I say

Baz thats because its all been edited out out

It would be cool to do one with both owen and Ben as a preview before the fight:)
    yeah would be nice to see just what the opponents last view was before rolling on the ground gasping for air after that knee of death

Baz thats because its all been edited out out
    So you say Joey. So you say.

I think rounding on someone like this just fuels the fire. How can everyone like a magazine? There'll always be someone who doesn't and you may not like what he has to say OR the way he says it. Leave him be.

I personally liked the video and thought it was a bit of fun. I wasn't expecting Ben to morph into an alien and for an elite team of commandos to begin hunting him down on the streets of Galway. I have Josh Duhammel for the lead role- the commando leader with a secret shame, although with the right script I might be able to get Leonardo DiCaprio.

Probably have to settle for Duhammel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

yeah would be nice to see just what the opponents last view was before rolling on the ground gasping for air after that knee of death

As probably the only person on this thread who's been properly kneed by Owen I can honestly say it didn't hurt a bit.

Ahem:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Lads back off or band are going to start flowing, this herd mentality developing here against posters who don't fit the norm is not healthy-let's get back on topic and stop attacking posters even if you dont like there input.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

As probably the only person on this thread who's been properly kneed by Owen I can honestly say it didn't hurt a bit.

Ahem:P
    Ah c'mon Tim! They don't actually hurt. They just rob you of your will to live. :-D

28micug.jpg

Issue 2:
    - We talk to Ben Davis, one of the most interesting guys in Irish MMA.
    - We take a look at the career of Ais The Bash and speak to the lady herself.
    - We talk Irish MMA with Nogueira
    - Cage Contender X preview including an in-depth look at the much hyped Fields v Redmond MW title fight.
    - Your first chance to watch BOTH main events from the fantastic Celtic Warriors card.
    - And looooooads more!!

Issue 2 coming soon :)

Great cover. I'm expecting a lot from Issue 2, I'd say there'll be at least 2000 very eloquently written words in it. At least that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

I'd just like to say thanks for putting in the effort for this. I know nothing really about Irish MMA as I can't get to any of the shows, very basic knowledge at the most :P
    Slowly but surely, your magazine is helping me grasp the Irish scene I'd say.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PetesyCarroll

http://bleacherreport.com/users/489840-peter-carroll
    hit the link lads, next week's BIG will contain the views of the two camps in exclusive interviews with John Redmond, Paul Cowzer from Rush and Chris Fields and John Kavanagh of SBGi

33zahzd.jpg

Issue 2 is out friday and there will be an optimized Lite version for use on mobile devices. This version will not contain video but will still have all the rest :)

You will require a pdf reader on your mobile device to read it, I recommend iBooks for iPhone and iPad users and PDF pro for Android, all of which are also free.

ISSUE 2 NOW AVAILABLE!! GO GET IT! Please note if download times are slow I apoligize but it will be due to the numbers downloading, its worth it tho I promise!!!

Both the Lite and the Full version available from www.bigirishmma.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fair play lads. Some serious effort put into this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Will leave this to download over night and have a read before Economics in the morning. Looking forward to it

• Advertisement

Everyone should download this! The Ben Davis interview and Petesy Carroll's write up on Redmond vs Fields are two highlights. DLing the full version now.

Download keeps interrupting due to my own net cutting off, will wait for the torrent if there is one.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Download keeps interrupting due to my own net cutting off, will wait for the torrent if there is one.

Hopefully will be at some stage, try the lite version for now maybe? :)

Hopefully will be at some stage, try the lite version for now maybe? :)

Have the lite version already downloaded :D just my winzip is expired and have to go through the whole removing and then re-downloading and as much as i do enjoy the mag. I've my penultimate alleged :"Life changing" leaving cert exam tomorrow morning.

Will post tomorrow with feedback!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Have the lite version already downloaded :D just my winzip is expired and have to go through the whole removing and then re-downloading and as much as i do enjoy the mag. I've my penultimate alleged :"Life changing" leaving cert exam tomorrow morning.

Will post tomorrow with feedback!

You need to sort your priorities out! :p best of luck with the exam

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement