If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD recorders with MPEG4 (Saorview) tuners

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭

Are there any DVD recorders (or DVD/VHS/HDD combos) on the market yet with MPEG4 capable tuners (for the Republics Digital TV service and Not to be confused with DVD recoderrs with the capability of playing back MPEG4 files on DVD/USB) ?

Im in the market for a new machine but dont want to spend money on something which is likely to become obsolete within 18 months

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mike1972.

Thanks for getting on touch with us.

I will need to look into this for you as I am unsure which would work and which would not.

There are very few DVD Recorders on the market at the moment as many are starting to sway towards Blu Ray recorders.

LG seem to be one of the only DVD recorders we can get out hands on at the moment
    LG RHT497 priced at £179.95
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/video/LG-dvd-player-RHT497H.jsp

While is says MPEG4 - Yes. I'm not sure if this is for the on boards tuner or not.

I will try my best to get a confirmed answer over the next few days and get back to you.

Saorview really does confuse me :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Any update on this ? :confused:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.