Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Politics] elliot rosewater

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭

banned for 3 months by this moderator for replying to a post that labeled all republicans nationalist / gerry adams supporters as scum .
    i posted , '' good contribution well done''
    of course to label a significant %of the Irish population as scum is quite acceptable to elliot rosewater as long as your anti republican you will not be banned or infracted by him
    why do boards allow this guy to continue to moderate as time and again he has not shown any level of maturity necessary for the role

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi danbohan,

If you prefer to have a CMod who is not also a Politics mod have a look, we can ask Dades.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hi danbohan,

If you prefer to have a CMod who is not also a Politics mod have a look, we can ask Dades.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

thats fine with me , dan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

PMs received from danbohan as part of this issue.
    danbohan wrote:
    totally unwarranted as usual from you , i will take whatever actions i need to take to get it reversed and you removed as a mod which should been done ages ago , time you grew up my friend , you cannot ban with impunity based on your political prejudices

you are the persistant problem in politics my friend
    We'll see what the CMods and Admins think of that.

Eliot.
    danbohan wrote:
    we will ,
    By the way danbohan, it's worth noting that the post you were responding to - the one that called all supporters of Adams scum - was infracted by me, and that I banned the user for making that post. In the light, basing your DRP thread on the false premise that I left the poster off probably won't do your argument any good. I will, of course, be informing the CMods of same.

Eliot.
    danbohan wrote:
    who did you ban first thats the big question , your trying to cover your anti republican tracks , your on shaky ground my friend and you know it . you had no justification in banning me you were looking for any opportunity to do so , which shows your inexperience i suppose

to be totally honest with you elliot politics on boards is such a shambles and is one non ending cycle of nonsense posts (including myself ) that i shall not miss it much

regards
    dan
    Modutils says I banned petroltimer at 11:53, and that I banned you 10 minutes later at 12:03. So I'm afraid your allegation is incorrect.

Eliot.
    danbohan wrote:
    outstanding , bet he did not get 3 months do did he .?
    Nope, but then again he doesn't have 5 infractions in the last month, 35 infractions in the past year and 6 Politics-specific bans.

Eliot.
    danbohan wrote:
    and most important of all for you hes anti republican like yourself .

of course republicans will get bans and infractions its because apart from one exception politics mods are anti republican .

anyway if it makes little sad nerds like you happy so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This is the part that strikes me:
    of course republicans will get bans and infractions its because apart from one exception politics mods are anti republican .

Honestly, if one of us disagreed with a ban it would be vigourously contested within our mods forum and really there would not be a campaign against Republicans without it being brought to the attention of the higher ups if said mod thought it was unfair.

Honestly, you being a republican doesn't matter a damn here, it's the sheer volume of infractions you've amassed that's the reason for the ban. There are many precedents for this happening on the forum with Republican and anti-Republican posters alike.

Regardless, this is best left to Dades to look at as he's an outsider to all this and would probably suit you best as an arbiter.

nesf wrote: »
    This is the part that strikes me:

Honestly, if one of us disagreed with a ban it would be vigourously contested within our mods forum and really there would not be a campaign against Republicans without it being brought to the attention of the higher ups if said mod thought it was unfair.

Honestly, you being a republican doesn't matter a damn here, it's the sheer volume of infractions you've amassed that's the reason for the ban. There are many precedents for this happening on the forum with Republican and anti-Republican posters alike.

Regardless, this is best left to Dades to look at as he's an outsider to all this and would probably suit you best as an arbiter.

republicans know that trying to get bans or infractions removed even though in many cases they are totally unjustified is a total waste of time , i know that this is a waste of my time but i want to highlight what i see as a problem within boards especially anything related to northern ireland
    their is an endless stream of bans and infractions on republican posters yet people like keith fc who posts blatant sectariansm is allowed unhindered

the majority of my recent infractions have come from two mods , elliot rosewater and black swan , two 19 year olds , with a bias against republicans , that boards allows teenagers to mod a forum like politics reflects why politics especially northern ireland related is such a weak part of boards .ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okay, so I've taken a look at the ban in question, with emphasis on the post that led to the ban.

While it is within the remit of mods (and in fact their duty) to ban users for persistent troublemaking, I feel that a final post before a ban is issued should be a more serious breach of charter than the post in question here. That is, the final straw should be worthy of being that final straw. To that end I would recommend reversing the three month ban imposed in this instance.

This does not leave you with a clean slate, danbohan, as you are still possibly one more troublesome post away from a warranted long ban. Your ban and infraction history suggest that you need to change your posting style.

However, while the original ban in my opinion was premature, your interaction with the mod in question (particularly the last PM) prior to the opening of a DR thread should in itself warrant a months ban. This would be my final recommendation in this case.

So to conclude, your three month ban for persistent transgressions will be removed and replaced by a one month ban for abuse via PM. Or if you wish an Admin can look at this case and you can take your chances there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

To be precise and exact about this, your record is as follows:
    46 infractions
    16 Warning

Black S
    2 infractions
    4 warnings

He has been warned/infracted by
    Mods
    Cmods
    Admins.
    Across the board

This is simply unacceptable and it's quite clear that it isn't just one or two mods picking on you from the variety of people giving you infractions. As such, adding in multiple Politics bans (not just Eliot and Black Swan, but myself, Scofflaw and oscarBravo have all given you bans, you're running out of mods to be banning you for the first time in Politics!), the reduced ban is given under the following restriction:

The next infraction will result in at least a 3 month ban and further infractions will escalate this.

Behave within the rules and you may continue as a Politics poster. Continue breaking them and you will end up permanently banned.

nesf wrote: »
    To be precise and exact about this, your record is as follows:

This is simply unacceptable and it's quite clear that it isn't just one or two mods picking on you from the variety of people giving you infractions. As such, adding in multiple Politics bans (not just Eliot and Black Swan, but myself, Scofflaw and oscarBravo have all given you bans, you're running out of mods to be banning you for the first time in Politics!), the reduced ban is given under the following restriction:

The next infraction will result in at least a 3 month ban and further infractions will escalate this.

Behave within the rules and you may continue as a Politics poster. Continue breaking them and you will end up permanently banned.

absolute nonsense , some infractions were warranted , majority were not as is quite common on boards and depends on mods mood , mods maturity , mods wife , and loads of other factors . the majority of mods seem to be on some sort power trip and cannot remove their personal agendas from their moderating , pity , boards would be better if they could .
    as for your threat of my next 3 month ban , haha , thats like telling paul scholes never to get booked again or face a lifetime ban in a football match refereed by arsene wenger .
    elliot rosewater and friends have had an agenda against republican posters , they want all of them perma banned and then they ie elliot rosewater , denerick permabear etc can post their trivial nonsense and thank each other for it . enjoy yourselves girls . !

Dades wrote: »
    Okay, so I've taken a look at the ban in question, with emphasis on the post that led to the ban.

While it is within the remit of mods (and in fact their duty) to ban users for persistent troublemaking, I feel that a final post before a ban is issued should be a more serious breach of charter than the post in question here. That is, the final straw should be worthy of being that final straw. To that end I would recommend reversing the three month ban imposed in this instance.

This does not leave you with a clean slate, danbohan, as you are still possibly one more troublesome post away from a warranted long ban. Your ban and infraction history suggest that you need to change your posting style.

However, while the original ban in my opinion was premature, your interaction with the mod in question (particularly the last PM) prior to the opening of a DR thread should in itself warrant a months ban. This would be my final recommendation in this case.

So to conclude, your three month ban for persistent transgressions will be removed and replaced by a one month ban for abuse via PM. Or if you wish an Admin can look at this case and you can take your chances there.

thank you for your input dades , i respect your impartiality . have a look at my infractions in last 6 months and ask yourself how many of them you would have issued , i think the answer may surprise you

Advertisement