Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

break-ins Ballybofey area

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Two cars gone through at our house last night, Ballybofey area. Nothing was taken, but a neighbour had a cd player taken from his car. Whoever it was didn't notice my wallet was under the passenger seat :)
    Gardai have just told us that there have been house break ins in the Ballybofey district lately. These are been done by a more organised crowd.
    Be on the look out and do not keep anything of value in your car, (and keep it locked)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

Two cars gone through at our house last night, Ballybofey area. Nothing was taken, but a neighbour had a cd player taken from his car. Whoever it was didn't notice my wallet was under the passenger seat :)
    Gardai have just told us that there have been house break ins in the Ballybofey district lately. These are been done by a more organised crowd.
    Be on the look out and do not keep anything of value in your car, (and keep it locked)

Glad to hear that they didnt get your wallet hope you get them .

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

maybe the wallet was to heavy for them........:D

My car was stolen this time last year, found a couple of miles down the road, parked in a laneway, very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

wasn't me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doirebhoy

Could be same in Letterkenny, Girlfirend got up at 3.30 for a drink of water last sun nite and there was a few young ones (all had hoods up) hanging around the street when on the way back to bed noticed one of them looking in the car and knocked out the 4 of them ran. This was in the lismonaghon area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

get a safe with a gps tracker inside and leave it in your car ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

get a safe with a gps tracker inside and leave it in your car ;)

gps tracker won't work inside a safe. ould fecking radio waves and fecking metal cases don't get along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Take out the fuse for your lights if you're ever worried about your car being stolen. You'd notice immediately if your lights weren't working, reducing the chance of them taking it for a spin and reminds you to put them in in case you forgot to before going driving at night. Also, Gardai would stop a car without lights pretty quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Whoever it was didn't notice my wallet was under the passenger seat
    Daegerty wrote: »
    wasn't me
    Told you we should of checked under the car seat !!!! :p
    Take out the fuse for your lights if you're ever worried about your car being stolen. You'd notice immediately if your lights weren't working, reducing the chance of them taking it for a spin and reminds you to put them in in case you forgot to before going driving at night. Also, Gardai would stop a car without lights pretty quick.

Thats a really good idea, it's only a two second job aswell to pop it in and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

thats a good tip. It is known who was responsible for the break-ins. They were spotted up this area earlier that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Are they just doing cars parked in housing estates or are they venturing out into the country as well? A lot of the time my b/f moves my car and leaves my keys in the ignition overnight :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement