Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 32LD450 Full HD TV for £219 on Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Shows as "In Stock" again now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ordered yesterday, got an email this morning saying the dispatch date has been moved forward to the 4th May.Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Good point. So Power City won't match it either (or the out of stock price).

I think you've a Powercity fetish Pete :D

Think I'm developing one for Amazon.

The way I see it, Irish retailers cannot compete on price alone, so they need to offer added value to attract and keep custom.

Richersounds.ie are a case in point, full of expert and enthusiastic staff, proactive, though don't try to oversell (and they WILL pricematch also, with T&C's).

LG 32LD450:

Amazon - €252.00 approx (Only 5 left in stock)

Currys.ie - €339.99

Powercity.ie - €339.95

Argos.ie - €369.99

DID/Peats/Richersounds don't have that model advertised online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Back down to £224.05 & Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Worked out at €260.53 for me, their exchange rates and all that - still a very nice price me thinks.
    Said it'd be dispatched today and should be here around the 3rd-4th May.
    Probably be second week in May before I get it in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The Skibereen Eagle

Doocey wrote: »
    Worked out at €260.53 for me, their exchange rates and all that - still a very nice price me thinks.
    Said it'd be dispatched today and should be here around the 3rd-4th May.
    Probably be second week in May before I get it in fairness.

Its always better to pay in GBP and let your credit card do the conversion, looks like u used amazons currency converter and paid in €

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Its always better to pay in GBP and let your credit card do the conversion, looks like u used amazons currency converter and paid in €

How much did you get your one for then?

You're probably right, should be about €250 but I won't fret over ten quid.

Has been dispatched via An Post - hopefully it'll arrive in one piece!
    It is usually shipped by An Post? In particular larger items?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 The Skibereen Eagle

Dr Nic wrote: »
    How much did you get your one for then?

irrelevant tbh
    todays live fx rate is £1 = €1.12317
    todays amazon rate is £1 = €1.17666

e.g., an Ipod Touch 8gb @ amazon checkout costs €189.24 converted if you pay in GBP. (+ visa fee 1.75%) = €192.55

if u choose to pay in euro amazon charge €198.09. small change to some but why pay more than necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭jamesd

Ordered one last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

great deal, thanks op for the heads up. just wondering if anyone who has one of these could help me out. if you plug in headphones into the tv can you control their volume with the remote easily or do you have to go into the menu then the sound options to do so? i know its a very trivial point but id appreciate if someone could let me know. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

For what it's worth I got this bracket from amazon also
    Link
    The LG has a 100 x 200m spacing for the bolts so it's something to look out for on brackets. The amazon basics bracket can be adapted to a range of sizes and is relatively easy to put together and mount. So far so good. If someone can spot something better for around 33 euro delivered maybe they can point it out for people.

Unfortunately for me my son managed to lose the remote control within 3 days in a room thats 11 foot x 11 foot. Time for a one for all remote to unlock the divx playback anyway methinks.
    Also for what it's worth I ordered this from the earlier thread on amazon delivering large tv's to Ireland. It had been down for delivery in 1 to 2 months then aswell but suddenly came back in stock and was at my house within 5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

walshki wrote: »
    For what it's worth I got this bracket from amazon also
    Link
    The LG has a 100 x 200m spacing for the bolts so it's something to look out for on brackets. The amazon basics bracket can be adapted to a range of sizes and is relatively easy to put together and mount. So far so good. If someone can spot something better for around 33 euro delivered maybe they can point it out for people.

Wow that looks good value. Anything better out there, or is this good enough in the price range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

doniem wrote: »
    great deal, thanks op for the heads up. just wondering if anyone who has one of these could help me out. if you plug in headphones into the tv can you control their volume with the remote easily or do you have to go into the menu then the sound options to do so? i know its a very trivial point but id appreciate if someone could let me know. thanks.

I have the 32LD320 version and the volume through the headphones can be controlled using the remote. To get it loud enough through the headphones you have to turn it up higher than you'd have it without the headphones, but it's grand (and that was just with a basic set of Apple earphones).

1. Use a universal remote with IR functionality

2. Programme it to control LG by using code 12182.

3. Press the magic button ONCE

4. Type 00018

5. Type 0413 in the password box (to gain access to settings menu)

6. Then go to tool3 and set DivX from 0 to 1.

Have not tried this yet, biebiebie used a variation of the above.

biebiebie, perhaps you could post the step by step process that was successful for you?

Deadly, this worked for me using a 10 euro one for all from argos Link
    Also works the tv and sky box so happy days. On a separate note I was in Curry's in Cork today and they had the logitech harmony 525 reduced to 28 euro (two left) which seemed quite a good price for B&M.

• Advertisement

biebiebie wrote: »
    Wow that looks good value. Anything better out there, or is this good enough in the price range?

Personally speaking I'm very happy with it. Very easily put together and mounted. Box includes a massive range of fittings depending on your particular tv and once up it's very easy to swivel and tilt etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DavisBXL

Thanks a lot for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks to OP I have ordered one of these to be delivered between May and June :mad:.

Just to clarify something for me in case this thread goes dead by the time the TV arrives - what is the Magic button. Is this a function on the TV menu or on a universal remote?

wait4me wrote: »
    Thanks to OP I have ordered one of these to be delivered between May and June :mad:.

Just to clarify something for me in case this thread goes dead by the time the TV arrives - what is the Magic button. Is this a function on the TV menu or on a universal remote?

On the remote, click link in post #66 to see it.

Thanks once again for your help - must check the universal that I have at home to see if there is a magic button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭biebiebie

For me the "magic button" was actually the epg button on a Lidl remote

My telly has been dispatched! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

The postman (!!!!!!!) delivered this today. Auto tune found all the saorview channels by itself along with the tv guide. It tuned in the standard def channels at the end of the list too. Big difference between them too!

Thanks OP, really great deal!

Now to find a universal remote to unlock the video functionality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

biebiebie wrote: »
    For me the "magic button" was actually the epg button on a Lidl remote

What code did you use for the TV with that Lidl remote? Picked up one of those myself recently so will look forward to ordering this when I get home.

Got the email from amazon last night saying it was dispatched but my tracking code is not recognised. Is this normal? Anyone know maybe they only track it when it gets to irish shores?

My delivery date has moved up to May 6 (from May 21- June 16)

breathn wrote: »
    The postman (!!!!!!!) delivered this
    So is An Post doing the deliveryfor all these TVs?

wait4me wrote: »
    So is An Post doing the deliveryfor all these TVs?

Mine arrived in the back of Postmans little van, yes.

Would've expected DPD or suchlike tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I wonder how many of those TVs Amazon shipped to Ireland :D:D

I bet An Post weren't too impressed having perhaps hundreds of bulky heavy TVs arriving from Amazon through their system. I even opted for Super Saver Delivery so I didn't have to pay for postage. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

I have the 32LD320 version and the volume through the headphones can be controlled using the remote. To get it loud enough through the headphones you have to turn it up higher than you'd have it without the headphones, but it's grand (and that was just with a basic set of Apple earphones).

Thanks bunnyhopper, i appreciate it.

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Got the email from amazon last night saying it was dispatched but my tracking code is not recognised. Is this normal? Anyone know maybe they only track it when it gets to irish shores?

Yeah, you'll only really be able to track it a day or so before it arrives at your house.
    When it comes in Ireland you should be able to trace it.

Got mine today, delighted with it; the delivery times included.
    Now to get this baby hooked up to the PS3 via HDMI :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Arrived today.

Post # 66 is highly recommended :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Ordered an LG today from Amazon for £219 but see that Powercity is doing it online for €299.99 http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32LD45&pages=1&prod=32LD45&brands=LG&image= if people want to pay the extra €40-50 and not have to wait for delivery.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gernon wrote: »
    Ordered an LG today from Amazon for £219 but see that Powercity is doing it online for €299.99 http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32LD45&pages=1&prod=32LD45&brands=LG&image= if people want to pay the extra €40-50 and not have to wait for delivery.

Thanks OP

fair play to them
    at least they're making an effort

thinking of getting this tv all week
    the wife telling me otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

mailburner wrote: »
    thinking of getting this tv all week
    the wife telling me otherwise

She'd spend more than that on a pair of shoes. Go for it. Drop a pair of earplugs into the basket while you're at it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Achilles wrote: »
    She'd spend more than that on a pair of shoes. Go for it. Drop a pair of earplugs into the basket while you're at it :-)

if she spent that much on a pair of shoes she wouldn't be my other half :D
    needed the earplugs last week :pac:

Can anyone tell me if they got the usb hack to work on software version 03.03.24? I'm getting "This function is not available now".

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

Is this deal still available or are you buying the 'used' tvs? Maybe I didnt look correctly but I didnt see any price from amazon.co.uk seller under new tv???

Thanks

Must be all gone.
    Postman Pat delivered mine this morning. My credit card was charged 256.61 euros (225.92 pounds)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Hulahoop2009

Thanks. Enjoy your tv - it was a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any of you lot had the tv returned to Amazon as undelivera​ble? Just got an email a few minutes ago saying they had recieved it back as it couldnt be delivered and to say I'm pissed off is an understatement :mad:

No bloody reason for it, the address is the exact same one they deliver everything else to and I work from home so I'm here the entire time and no one attempted any delivery. Arseholes! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Hey gang,

Ordered mine 10 days ago or so (cost €252 in total) and delivery was attempted on Tuesday, I picked it up yesterday from the post depot, lovely looking TV! Anyhow, we've UPC at home (not HD) and I was wondering about this Saorview stuff I've been hearing about - do I need to buy 1) a Saorview box and 2) an arial?

If so, could someone recommend both to me; where can I find a bargain?

Gonna pick up that Argos universal remote as well, to unlock the USB function, unless someone else can recommend an ever cheaper one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Also, for those used to CRT TVs, even though the box is a bit bulky, it doesn't weigh much - no need to worry about your postman's back as he delivers hundreds of them!

ionapaul wrote: »
    I was wondering about this Saorview stuff I've been hearing about - do I need to buy 1) a Saorview box and 2) an arial?

If so, could someone recommend both to me; where can I find a bargain?

Unless you're cancelling UPC, Saorview would be an unnecessary addition really.

You don't need a Saorview box. The LG TVs internal tuner will decode and display the Saorview signal.

You will need a UHF rooftop or loft aerial.

Check your coverage on the Saorview site.

http://www.saorview.ie/make-the-switch/coverage-checker/

You may need a specific group of aerial, suitable for reception from your local transmitter.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/digital-tv-aerial-selection-guide.html

[QUOTE= Originally Posted by Badgermonkey ]
    1. Use a universal remote with IR functionality

2. Programme it to control LG by using code 12182.

4. Type 00018

5. Type 0413 in the password box (to gain access to settings menu)

6. Then go to tool3 and set DivX from 0 to 1.[/QUOTE]

Can a UPC magi'remote be used to do this?

I tried holding the red & ok buttons til TV flashed.
    Then enter 12181 and pressed Red & ok again once.

But LG tv wont recognise it :(

From the upc manual it seems the remote only recognises 4 digit codes.
    http://www.upc.ie/pdf/DVRManual.pdf
    And i cant get the UPC to go to 'learn more' :(

• Advertisement

So what if you're based in say limerick city, castletroy? What aerial is needed, and where do you put it... Thanks!

Can an indoor argos type aerial by used to pick up freeview??

So what if you're based in say limerick city, castletroy? What aerial is needed, and where do you put it... Thanks!

Can an indoor argos type aerial by used to pick up freeview??

Woodcock hill is your transmitter, Group B aerial pointing North West as per Saorview website.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/yellow-group-b-uhf-aerial.html

Think Argos indoor aerials are meant to be a poor option unless you're very close to transmitter.

Ask the experts in Terrestrial forum though as there may be other factors also.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Thanks - i just figured out how to get that map working...
    It was showing up as green for me though...
    Maybe the indoor aerial?

Maybe the indoor aerial?

Buy it and try it but I'd say you're too far from transmitter, ask on Terrestrial forum.

Its working fine! :)
    Saorview looks great, have to say :)
    A few more channels

Can this Tv also tune in the satellite freeview channels? I doubt it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement