Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG 32LD450 Full HD TV for £219 on Amazon

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I'm not sure this is a bargain, just came across this matching LG Blu-Ray Player for £65 (or about €75) delivered from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-Electronics-BD550-Blu-Ray-Player/dp/B0048WQ38E/

A similar LG Blu-Ray Player is €120 in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9292242/Trail/searchtext%3EBLURAY+PLAYER.htm

** Note: The Amazon LG player also has an Ethernet connector (LAN Port). **

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

breathn wrote: »
    WTF WTF WTF.
    Literally 10 minutes ago the TV started buzzing for the first time. The buzzing stops when I put it into standby and it returns when I wake it up again.

And when I put it into sleep mode, it made a strange CLUNK sound.

Not a good sign.

If the "clunk" sound is like the sound of a light switch being flicked on or off then that is totally normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

steamboat wrote: »
    Hacked this for movie playback with Lidl silvercrest remote (KH2156). Not easy to figure out, but after some googling (and google translate) got this to work...

- Program remote with code 5147
    - Turn TV on
    - Press Volume Up - Password dialog is diplayed
    - 0413, etc...

Source: http://forum.mpeg4-players.info/lofiversion/index.php/t2145.html

Thanks a lot for this! Just to clarify, use the original remote to enter the 0413 (at least I had to!) after u get the pasword menu up.

Anybody know if there are any other settings in this menu worth tinkering with? Didn't want to mess anything up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 u38966

breathn wrote: »
    WTF WTF WTF.
    Literally 10 minutes ago the TV started buzzing for the first time. The buzzing stops when I put it into standby and it returns when I wake it up again.

And when I put it into sleep mode, it made a strange CLUNK sound.

Not a good sign.

Have you done anything about this? Is the TV still under warranty? I only ask as mine has started a loud buzzing noise when it is on for more than 10 minutes. Its still under warranty so thinking of asking LG to repair it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

u38966 wrote: »
    Have you done anything about this? Is the TV still under warranty? I only ask as mine has started a loud buzzing noise when it is on for more than 10 minutes. Its still under warranty so thinking of asking LG to repair it.

It only happened one night and hasn't happened since. Hoping it stays that way too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FrozenUp

How did you guys activate the free guarantee? I can't ring the English number on the sticker (the one that was on the top of the screen with the plastic) and the LG website won't let me register the product.

My TV makes the buzzing noise too, I can hear it when my PS3 is loading levels (the music usually stops when its loading) but other than that it's working fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Irish number

0818 27 6955

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FrozenUp

Irish number

0818 27 6955

Thanks Badger. When I first got through he said that this number wasn't meant for guarantee activation but then he asked a colleague who ordered him to do it anyway :D

Advertisement