Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V WBA match thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

If we don't win today, we'll have had only 1 win in all competitions in 10 games. Shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

SuprSi wrote: »
    If we don't win today, we'll have had only 1 win in all competitions in 10 games. Shocking stuff.

exactly, we cant go around saying that we were unlucky etc, we have thrown it away ourselves. draw after draw at home against poor teams

thurs night football next season!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

8 home draws:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We were awful today. Not one standout performance, with some shocking one's thrown in. Lennon was god awful when he came on. It's simply not good enough, and with our recent performances, we don't deserve Champions League football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Well i guess that is that then. Thought Pav was poor apart from his goal, nearly giving the ball away every time. Odemwingie looked dangerous everytime he got the ball, could see that equaliser coming :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

No I'm afraid that's it unless city go into freefall and then I wouldn't look past bloody Liverpool swooping in.

I'd like to see us at least be in with an outside shout come our last couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

disaster of a result!! we will look back on this game and the home defeat to wigan as the reason we didnt get 4th.so many home draws!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Disastrous result for us today,I didn't see the game so can't say to much about it but I can't understand why Harry didn't start Lennon and Sandro,I think we are fooked for 4th now.:mad:

tippspur wrote: »
    Disastrous result for us today,I didn't see the game so can't say to much about it but I can't understand why Harry didn't start Lennon and Sandro,I think we are fooked for 4th now.:mad:

After seeing how Lennon played when he came on, i can understand it just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

This is worse then a slow death ... we'll probably go and beat City now and it still won't be enough. Anyway, they deserve it.

europa league next season me arse. How are we going to challenge for a top 4 place (or better) if we are in the arsehole of eastern europe a dozen thursdays next year.

• Advertisement

europa league next season me arse. How are we going to challenge for a top 4 place (or better) if we are in the arsehole of eastern europe a dozen thursdays next year.
    Exactly. That's why I'm hoping Liverpool catch us (only because CL qualification is gone). Only problem is I think we're near the top of the fair play league as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i said it in jan and i say it again. we slipped up in jan not signing a top striker. and i dont wanna hear all the we tried sign 7 or 8 strikers on the deadline day. that leaving everything to the last min doesnt fly. make ur intention known from the get go and start hagglin over a price. it will have cost us more to pay the extra mill for a player in the long run because we wont(may not) have the revenue generated from champions league football next season

also we could have easily attracted some really big names had we secured the champions league again with the way we approached the competition this year. free flowing attacking football which was a joy to watch. we cant compete with the money city are throwing around so we need our football style to do it for us, that and top level competitions

sorry i am aware most of this is not about the west brom match b ut it is related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Exactly. That's why I'm hoping Liverpool catch us (only because CL qualification is gone). Only problem is I think we're near the top of the fair play league as well :(

Third behind Chelsea and Fulham, so second really. Here's the table.

Yeah but both strikers scored yesterday and we still didn't win. Their first goal was cos benny got injured and fell , second one was a lucky strike. Not much could b done .

It's too late to worry about it now anyway. We are toast . Genuine chance of finishing 6th. Chelsea will crush us at the bridge and pool will prob beat us on final day to finish ahead of us

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Ah come on lads.. Have some faith in the team. 1 point behind City who play Blackburn away, always a tough away game. There's huge games ahead but have some faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

wellboys wrote: »
    Ah come on lads.. Have some faith in the team. 1 point behind City who play Blackburn away, always a tough away game. There's huge games ahead but have some faith.

I think Man City only need something like eight points from their remaining games to secure fourth place. They surely won't screw that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is there something wrong with us for wishing that we DONT get europa league football next season?

... couple of years ago we would have giving our left hand for european action of any sort, now we've CL snobs! :D

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with our point of view .. its UEFA and their half arsed 2nd rate competition thats the problem - they seriously need to re-think the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    pool will prob beat us on final day to finish ahead of us

We dont play Liverpool on the final day !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Keep the faith.
    City can have off days like us. They have lost to Sunderland, West Brom, Wolves. They have lost more games than us.
    I think they could still bottle it.
    They way this season has gone for everyone it is far from over.

Gar

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    We dont play Liverpool on the final day !

Yes we do, at anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Yes we do, at anfield

Eh what about the game against Birmingham on 22nd May...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Yes we do, at anfield

No, last game is home to Birmingham.

gar wrote: »
    Eh what about the game against Birmingham on 22nd May...?

My mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It's all the draws this season that have cost us. We're good at not poising but we find it tough to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

It's all the draws this season that have cost us. We're good at not poising but we find it tough to win

More to the point we find it tough to beat teams in the bottom 7.

More to the point our strikers can't score for ****.

Defoe and pav are fine players. They haven't been given enough playing time together. They are always up front on their own cos vdv has to be accommodated

Defoe and pav are fine players. They haven't been given enough playing time together. They are always up front on their own cos vdv has to be accommodated

disagree.

both have been given plenty of game time especially defoe. alot m,ore than keane was given

• Advertisement
Advertisement