Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a 2 bedroom flat in Carlow

Options
  • 23-04-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm looking to rent a 2 bed flat in Carlow from end of June (furnished or unfurnished). Which of the many apartment blocks are actually desirable and which should be avoided? Ideally, I'd like to stay away from students--no offense, but I like a little peace and quiet.

Budget is €650-€750 pm.

Also, does anyone have any opinions, positive or negative on the various letting agencies in Carlow, as these guys seem to be renting out most of the flats I see on Daft. Up to now I've only ever rented from private landlords and I really don't like the idea of paying the agencies a 'sign up' fee, which sounds like a scam to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I'm looking to rent a 2 bed flat in Carlow from end of June (furnished or unfurnished). Which of the many apartment blocks are actually desirable and which should be avoided? Ideally, I'd like to stay away from students--no offense, but I like a little peace and quiet.

Budget is €650-€750 pm.

Also, does anyone have any opinions, positive or negative on the various letting agencies in Carlow, as these guys seem to be renting out most of the flats I see on Daft. Up to now I've only ever rented from private landlords and I really don't like the idea of paying the agencies a 'sign up' fee, which sounds like a scam to me.

Does it have to be a flat??

I friend of mine is in a 4 bed detached house in Chaplestown gate and his co renter has had to move out. This is leaving him in the position of having to get new accommodation OR rent out the other rooms in the house.

Let me know if you would be interested in sharing and I can sort out numbers for you.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

No, thanks anyway. I gave up the house sharing years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

The area along the river Barrow near the rowing club has been prone to serious flooding in recent winters. Was ok last winter so hopefully it's settled down of late but you should be aware of the potential.
    You can find out more here

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

Hi.

I have been living/renting in Carlow for the last three yrs -my personal advice/experience would be to avoid (like the plaque!) "assets management" - the own/run centaur house apts opposite the rowing club (which should be advoided anyway as it floods every yrs - well the two winters I have been there it has)

Don't really want to say too much here but assets were a disaster - has issue with a leak in the bedroom - took weks to get fixed, when it was eventually fixed - they just came in and fixed it while I was at work - never said they were coming! We then moved into a house - landlady was using them - again nothing but hassle for us and tehlandlady - teh heating was broke for nearly two months (last Oct/Nov!) The landlady eventually got it fixed herself. They never knew how much rent we owed/paid (it's a good thing, for them, we are honest ppl!) They then had the cheek to tell us we owed them money when we moved out - we def didn't! Renting in a private landlord place now so no other exp with other agencies in Carlow....

Thanks for that. Just the sort of feedback I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

xeroshero wrote: »
    Hi.

I have been living/renting in Carlow for the last three yrs -my personal advice/experience would be to avoid (like the plaque!) "assets management" - the own/run centaur house apts opposite the rowing club (which should be advoided anyway as it floods every yrs - well the two winters I have been there it has)

QUOTE]

Would support everything here - also for the price you're talking about you should have your choice - I rented a 2 bed house outside town last Sept (12 month lease) - price was originally quoted as €650 per month - ended up paying €525. Definitely an opportunity to bargain out there at the moment, the prices being asked on advertisements etc. are often un realistic. Best of luck

J Have you sorted something out yet?

My Uncle just told me that 1 of his houses is coming available mid June,

Its in Anglers Walk, just off the new link road through the town. Its in great condition and will be ready to move in.
    Plus he's a decent landlord. i.e a really nice guy.
    Anything needed would be looked after ASAP.

Let me know f your interested and I'll PM you his number.

Thanks, but I'm looking for something a little smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

tombull82 wrote: »
    J Have you sorted something out yet?

My Uncle just told me that 1 of his houses is coming available mid June,

Its in Anglers Walk, just off the new link road through the town. Its in great condition and will be ready to move in.
    Plus he's a decent landlord. i.e a really nice guy.
    Anything needed would be looked after ASAP.

Let me know f your interested and I'll PM you his number.

Price and bedrooms????

No Problem J.

TaosHum, I think its 3 bedroom and I'm not sure of the exact price. You could contact him yourself if interested. Let me know and I'll PM his number.

(No Need for an unpaid middle man) :D

• Advertisement

Taos

I did actually mention J wholesale's Price range, to which he told me this house is within. I just never asked an exact price.

Tom

Advertisement