Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! GP in South Dublin supportive of home birth?

Options
  • 23-04-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

This is my 2nd pregnancy, we decided to have a home birth this time with the community midwives.

We have combined care, but unfortunately my GP is quite unsupportive of home births. (reaction when I told him: "well... good luck with that."). Besides, he's really not that great :-(

Does anyone know of a nice doctor in South Dublin (Stillorgan, Booterstown, Blackrock, Dun Laoghaire, Deansgrange etc...) who is supportive of home births?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I suggest contacting the regional contact of the Home Birth Association

BTW, congrats and best of luck...and I don't mean that in a derogatory tone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mar12345

Cheers for your reply and your best wishes - all these hormones are interfering with my sarcasm detector! ;)
    I did try to contact them about a month ago, but didn't get a reply, so I just send them another email, just in case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

mar12345 wrote: »
    Cheers for your reply and your best wishes - all these hormones are interfering with my sarcasm detector! ;)
    I did try to contact them about a month ago, but didn't get a reply, so I just send them another email, just in case...

Maybe contact the secretary of the association. I found her very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭SanFran07

Ring Krysia - I think she's listed on the site. She is a committee member and lives on the Southside.

Best wishes for a fab homebirth! This time last year I was preparing for mine.

Advertisement