Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rice Cooker Problem

Options
  • 23-04-2011 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

I bought a rice cooker this morning and after a few failed attempts at cooking rice, I've got it sorted and finally have got rice in the style I like (slightly dry and sticky). However the problem is that I seem to have to cook it in larger quantities than I really need.

I put in one portion of rice (about 62grams uncooked) and water and it completely messed up and some of it cooked and some didn't. It contents of the pot didn't even come up to the minimum level marker.

I'm trying to sort out my diet and I've cut my portion sizes down to what they should be and I really like this style of rice but cooking about 125 or 150g's each time is not going to help as it's probably about 3 portions worth.

Is there some smart way to cook 1 portion in the cooker and have it come out the same way? I tried adding 1 portion of rice and enough water to reach the minimum level but it didn't come out that good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Try a ratio...uisually. one cup of rice equals 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Two cups for brown rice.

Should work for smaller protions say half cup of rice to half 3/4 cup of water!!!

Advertisement