Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will my dish get free to air

• 23-04-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

The house I'm in at the moment has a satelite dish on the back, its wired into a couple of rooms in the house.

I'd love to use it to get free to air chanels.

Will it work for this or is there any way of testing if it will work before I go buying a box?

Also to get HD is there any special type of dish that you need?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The dish is fine-so long as it's not falling off the wall.

Has it been used recently? If you are using it for Sky it will be grand for fta-just plug in boxes and away you go.

No special dish for HD-a HD box decodes the signals that's all.Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

get someone elses box to try it out. just hook it up and away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

zerks wrote: »
    Has it been used recently? If you are using it for Sky it will be grand for fta-just plug in boxes and away you go.

I'm not too sure when or what its been used for but it still seems in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

get someone elses box to try it out. just hook it up and away you go

Anyone want to give me a loan of their box to try it would. I would greatly appriciate it.

I'm living in Kildare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Even if it doesn't work, the only real point of failure (assuming it's aligned properly & the cables are ok) would be the LNB & they're not too expensive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement