Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy Khan leaves Kamelot

Options
  • 23-04-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

One of my favourite vocalists, and without doubt one of the most talented voices in Metal. Can't actually think of anybody better technically. The Black Halo is a wonderful concept album with exquisite production.

After vocalist Roy Khan was forced to drop out of Kamelot's recent tour dates due to health issues, the band has now issued the following announcement about officially parting ways with Khan:

"With a heavy heart we can now announce that Roy Khan has chosen to leave the band. We wanted to give him ample time for this kind of decision, due to his recent burnout and also the amount of amazing times we have shared with him in Kamelot. We respectfully accept his resignation from the band and wish him the best in his future endeavors. The timing is actually good since we feel the uncertainty the fans have had can now be laid to rest and the band can move on to finding a new singer."

Metalunderground.com

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Genuinely surprised to hear this. Kamelot were one of the few Power metal bands I liked, and I didn't think Khan would leave the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Kamelot were really cool, they wouldn't be the same without him now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was very sad to hear about this. I really loved Roy as a vocalist and songwriter. I hope he recovers from the demons he's been battling for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, definately a surprise. The vocalist is the most important part of that band so it'll be interesting to see who'll get the gig. Fabio Leone has been filling in for Kahn on the recent tour, so you can imagine he's in with a shout.

Advertisement