Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obsessed parents

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

cbyrd wrote: »
    Yes i just read it. . . it's amazing how her attitude changed after she had her own child, how little she truly understood how parenthood would change her. . :rolleyes:

And when she realised she was a baby bore how she adapted her communication methods to change it... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Seriously, i am a friend, what is this? It's painfully obvious what you think of so-called "baby bores," so is this thread just serving as a little podium to give out about people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

'are you a better parent if you put your child ahead of everything else, 100% of the time?'
    In my experience the people who love to go on about themselves and are pretty obsessive and narcisstic in general are the ones who turn into head recking parents who never shut up about their kids - and I know the type. Complete bores.

The really laid back people stay laid back. Sometimes you'd forget they have children.

I'm probably in the middle myself. I put my kid first above everything else but still maintain a good few of my own hobbies. The one huge difference I find between parents and non parents is time. As a parent you are up at 7 am on Saturday and Sunday you tend not to want to go out at the weekend and your single childless parents can think you are turning into a boring old parent.

Similarly, even if they say hey call over for coffee and sure bring little Jonny with you, you may not be *rsed because it takes a while to get little Jonny ready, and it's not just so easy to jump in a car and come and go as you please. Little Jonny wants to be around other little Jonnies and if he's happy your happy. It can hard for non parents to understand that.

They don't understand the way time zones change when you are a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

The other things I'd say with parenting is you can't make generalisations.

For example, you might have one parent staying at home. You might have both parents working as teachers with granny and grandad near by. Or you might be a single Mum busting your gut, working long hours in a day job and then also trying to do all the parenting.

It depends on your personnel circumstances how time demanding things become. But, how head recking the parents become will usually have nothing to do with time but generally just how head recking they are in the first place.

Advertisement