Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2011 Novices Mentored Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mr abbey

kit3 wrote: »
    "with some help" is the major part here ! Amazing work by the sub 5 pacers - especially Ger664 - as he said, he looked around to do a final sweep, spotted me and shouted me to the finish counting down the seconds - I think it's the only speed work I've ever done :eek: I can't thank you enough - chip time 4:59:43 :D

Really enjoyed the day - support was incredible all the way around. Great to run with company - all pacers were great. I managed to stay with them until mile 21 but had to let them go at that stage and just put the head down and do my own thing. Could still see the balloons in the distance. Seemed to settle into a faster pace at about mile 24 and just went for it. Amazing experience - will definately be back next year.

Thanks again to the pacers and everyone on here for all the advice.

Didn't get a chance to say hello, but I was with you guys for a while, there or there abouts, from soon after the start until Inchicore. Didn't get a chance to say hello, but really enjoyed the company (especially through the park, where it got a little quiet otherwise) and thought Ger664 and the other guy (John??) done a really excellent job!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 barking1503

Aquals wrote: »
    Well done to everyone in the marathon today! You're all fantastic! Congratulations from me and my sister (some of you might recognise us)!!

308745_130056363769115_100002942575257_169594_275945413_n.jpg

OMG how did you manage to be in so many places in the space of (admittedly) 5 hours?? Thanks so much, you were the talking point of my group when we met up post run. Consensus is you were on a motorbike!!! Thanks again. Crowd were brill, but you win for perserverance!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Walker11

Hey what a day.. Managed to finish my first marathon in 4.40,- delighted. had been aiming for 4.30 something and kept with the 4.30 pacers until halfway, slowed down a bit and then at clonskeagh my knee gave in, walked for a few mins thinking it was all over, in drizzly rain and not many spectators it was a miserable few mins but managed to start again and ran all the way to the end in the pouring rain. My husband kept me going meeting me at 11 and 18 but then missed me at 24 and he started cycling back up the course looking for me..whoops. Spectators were great, from the guy who fell off his bike in the Phoenix park to a big cheer and then did it again for the laugh, the randomner playing the saxophone, and someone who shouted out my name but I couldn't figure out who it was. it was fairly lonely once I lost the pacers, think name on the t-shirt is a good idea for the next one! Achy legs today but already wondering when I'll do another ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Hi guys, wonderful reading all the stories on a very memorable day...mainly good memories for most, the pain will subside, the memories will live on!!!

My times are not showing up on the official site or the timing Data site...i am on the timing sight till 1/2 way and then no record, also no video of me to go with the half way time, it the clock time of 2.18.45, but i passed through on garmin time of 2.11. I thought it took me 9min to cross start line(anyone know end of wave 2 what time crossed start?

Anyway is it possible for the chip to stop recording during the race??? What can i do to get my results registered. Garmin finish time was 4:26:12, my last 3 miles were the fastest but from mile 20 i was determined to get in under 4.30 so started pushing once i turned out onto dualcarriageway

Hope everyone is not too sore today, i am delight as i can walk & put on my own socks...couldn't do that yesterday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

My first attempt at a marathon and I expect I'll be back for more.

I only had 9 weeks of dedicated training after Gaelforce West adventure race in August but I followed HH novice 2 pretty well and was hopeful of doing 3.30. This was a bit ambitious as my best half was 1.40 so I planned to start with the pacers and re-assess as the race developed.

Thankfully I stayed injury free throughout so as I lined up at the front of wave 2 I was full of optimism. I had intended to meet some of the people from this thread but I this didn't happen for one reason or another.

The first few miles were great, the atmosphere was fantastic. I really appreciated the drummers, the rhythym seemed spot on and I would have loved to take them with me for the whole race. I really loved the novelty aspect of running up O'Connell St and the next few miles were familiar territory as I lived around here a long time ago. The pace felt comfortable though I found it very warm and I was sweating a lot more than I would expect at this stage. I was looking forward to the Phoenix Park and hopefully a bit of breeze. I spotted someone I knew from Galway and she told me she could hardly wait for the first water station. It turned out to be a bit of a scrum, the water stations were one of the few negatives of the day for me, maybe they could have been on both sides of the road.

I loved the Phoenix Park, it was always my favourite place when I lived in Dublin and its like meeting an old friend whenever I go there. The pace was still grand, no niggles and still very positive though apprehensive of the miles ahead. From Chapelizod to half way was still ok but by now it felt like I was really running. The tactic was to keep within 20 metres or so of the lead pacer (TFBubendorpher I presume in the green runners?). This was fine mostly but required a bit of concentration where we rounded bends and where the course narrowed and I had to fight for position. Through half way in 1.44.30 or so and I remembered doing a 1.44 half in May which was a pb at the time. Was it foolish to try to do two of those back to back? Negative thoughts like this reared their heads a fair few times in the second half of the race and had to be dealt with promptly.

Around mile 16 it became more difficult to keep the pace and whenever I lost a few metres on the pacers it was an effort to move back up. I knew that my wife and children (and some inlaws) would be waiting at mile 18 or so and this gave me an immediate goal to aim for. Spotted them and got a great boost but shortly afterwards felt slightly deflated as I realised I was on my own from here on. It was around this point that the weakness really began to leave my body quite rapidly. 'Good', I thought, 'I can do without that weakness for the last few miles'. Around mile 20 my Galway friend caught up and told me she was under severe pressure. Her gait didn't look great so I said to hang on to the pacers for grim life. Miraculously she got it together shortly afterwards and passed out TFB! The next time I saw her was at the finish, she ran 3.27. Well done her.

I got a sugar boost from a Spar sports drink and started to feel partly human again. However the feeling was short lived and at about 22 miles the alarms started going off, red lights on the dash, etc. Re-assess time had come if I wasn't going to explode as I'd been warned. Now, according to my Garmin we were about a minute and a half ahead of schedule and though I was 20 metres back from TFB, the other 2 balloonists were well back the road. Doing some mental arithmetic I reckoned I could slow to 5.10 pace or so and still make it, possibly going eyeballs out when I sniffed the finish. So long as I didn't blow up I had plenty of time to beat 3.40 which was second prize.

The last three miles or so were painful to say the least as the yellow balloon, my friend for so long, inexorably jogged away from me but I reasoned there were still 2 yellow balloons behind, no need to panic until I was down to one. As I passed the 25 mile mark I looked up to see balloon number two alongside...and number three right with him. HTFU time if ever there was one. I wasn't going to lose it in the last mile. All duck or no dinner.

I gave myself two stout kicks in the behind and got back ahead of the pacers, I didn't want to see them again until the line. There was no more strategy, no more energy conservation, just run like fvck. I saw my family again at the top of Grafton St. and even managed to smile and wave. 265 yards to go I had a last glance at the watch, time 3.28 pace 4.38min/km.
    Crossed the line in 3:29:12 (chip time). Exactly the same as Ray.

As soon as I stopped I realised I could barely walk. Hobbled down the line and met some friends from home. Of the 6 people I know from home I was 6th fastest. Whatever. I had planned to meet my wife and drop in to McGrattans to see everybody but with the crowds and poor planning we took half an hour to meet by which time I was soaked. We had to collect the kids from the inlaws so it turned out I went back to the hotel to get showered and fed and never left there for the night. I'm disappointed I didn't get to put faces to the names, another time I hope.

Overall delighted with the day, a big thanks to the 3.30 pacers who did a great job. Thanks again to Ray and others for advice and encouragement on this thread. Well done to everyone who took part yesterday.

Obviously I'm delighted with the outcome. My doctors are confident that with the correct treatment I may some day walk again. It better be soon as I've entered a (shortish) adventure race on November 12. Training starts tomorrow!

Already planning the next marathon, how hard is it to run 3.20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shivDCM

snailsong wrote: »

I only had 9 weeks of dedicated training after Gaelforce West adventure race in August but I followed HH novice 2 pretty well and was hopeful of doing 3.30. This was a bit ambitious as my best half was 1.40 so I planned to start with the pacers and re-assess as the race developed.

Thankfully I stayed injury free throughout so as I lined up at the front of wave 2 I was full of optimism. I had intended to meet some of the people from this thread but I this didn't happen for one reason or another.

The first few miles were great, the atmosphere was fantastic. I really appreciated the drummers, the rhythym seemed spot on and I would have loved to take them with me for the whole race. I really loved the novelty aspect of running up O'Connell St and the next few miles were familiar territory as I lived around here a long time ago. The pace felt comfortable though I found it very warm and I was sweating a lot more than I would expect at this stage. I was looking forward to the Phoenix Park and hopefully a bit of breeze. I spotted someone I knew from Galway and she told me she could hardly wait for the first water station. It turned out to be a bit of a scrum, the water stations were one of the few negatives of the day for me, maybe they could have been on both sides of the road.

I loved the Phoenix Park, it was always my favourite place when I lived in Dublin and its like meeting an old friend whenever I go there. The pace was still grand, no niggles and still very positive though apprehensive of the miles ahead. From Chapelizod to half way was still ok but by now it felt like I was really running. The tactic was to keep within 20 metres or so of the lead pacer (TFBubendorpher I presume in the green runners?). This was fine mostly but required a bit of concentration where we rounded bends and where the course narrowed and I had to fight for position. Through half way in 1.44.30 or so and I remembered doing a 1.44 half in May which was a pb at the time. Was it foolish to try to do two of those back to back? Negative thoughts like this reared their heads a fair few times in the second half of the race and had to be dealt with promptly.

Around mile 16 it became more difficult to keep the pace and whenever I lost a few metres on the pacers it was an effort to move back up. I knew that my wife and children (and some inlaws) would be waiting at mile 18 or so and this gave me an immediate goal to aim for. Spotted them and got a great boost but shortly afterwards felt slightly deflated as I realised I was on my own from here on. It was around this point that the weakness really began to leave my body quite rapidly. 'Good', I thought, 'I can do without that weakness for the last few miles'. Around mile 20 my Galway friend caught up and told me she was under severe pressure. Her gait didn't look great so I said to hang on to the pacers for grim life. Miraculously she got it together shortly afterwards and passed out TFB! The next time I saw her was at the finish, she ran 3.27. Well done her.

I got a sugar boost from a Spar sports drink and started to feel partly human again. However the feeling was short lived and at about 22 miles the alarms started going off, red lights on the dash, etc. Re-assess time had come if I wasn't going to explode as I'd been warned. Now, according to my Garmin we were about a minute and a half ahead of schedule and though I was 20 metres back from TFB, the other 2 balloonists were well back the road. Doing some mental arithmetic I reckoned I could slow to 5.10 pace or so and still make it, possibly going eyeballs out when I sniffed the finish. So long as I didn't blow up I had plenty of time to beat 3.40 which was second prize.

The last three miles or so were painful to say the least as the yellow balloon, my friend for so long, inexorably jogged away from me but I reasoned there were still 2 yellow balloons behind, no need to panic until I was down to one. As I passed the 25 mile mark I looked up to see balloon number two alongside...and number three right with him. HTFU time if ever there was one. I wasn't going to lose it in the last mile. All duck or no dinner.

I gave myself two stout kicks in the behind and got back ahead of the pacers, I didn't want to see them again until the line. There was no more strategy, no more energy conservation, just run like fvck. I saw my family again at the top of Grafton St. and even managed to smile and wave. 265 yards to go I had a last glance at the watch, time 3.28 pace 4.38min/km.

As soon as I stopped I realised I could barely walk. Hobbled down the line and met some friends from home. Of the 6 people I know from home I was 6th fastest. Whatever. I had planned to meet my wife and drop in to McGrattans to see everybody but with the crowds and poor planning we took half an hour to meet by which time I was soaked. We had to collect the kids from the inlaws so it turned out I went back to the hotel to get showered and fed and never left there for the night. I'm disappointed I didn't get to put faces to the names, another time I hope.

Overall delighted with the day, a big thanks to the 3.30 pacers who did a great job. Thanks again to Ray and others for advice and encouragement on this thread. Well done to everyone who took part yesterday.

Obviously I'm delighted with the outcome. My doctors are confident that with the correct treatment I may some day walk again. It better be soon as I've entered a (shortish) adventure race on November 12. Training starts tomorrow!

well done man.
    great debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

snailsong wrote: »

Well done you, that was a great run and great report:D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Big thank you to the 5 hour pacers.

Two Johns and Ger.

I had said at the start that my boyfriend would be waiting for me at mile 21 (fosters avenue / n11 ) and that if I stayed with them until then he would cheer me on.

I was ahead of them until mile 18 and out of the blue I hear john say "Come on, stay with us, your boyfriend is waiting for you just around the corner!"

Jesus my little heart was about to burst, I tried my level best to keep up but that bloody hill at mile 20 floored me.

I felt awful as i was 4/5 mins behind the 5 hour pacers then and couldnt spot the boyfriend - had thought he might have thought he missed me and i had already passed.
    At this point it started to LASH rain but I saw him!

He had brought a hat and a gel and water and a big hug!
    Told him about the sore groin and he even streched me getting himself soaked in the process :)

Tried my best to run as long as I could, over the flyover and across nutley lane but as soon as I hit pembroke road i was shivering and couldnt feel my hands.

Amazing run.

Big thanks again to the 5 hour pacers.
    Great lads!

:D

Yeah, you were struggling at that stage,well done for picking it up in the hardest part of the race,courageous spurt was noted:)sub 4.30 next year for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Aquals wrote: »
    Well done to everyone in the marathon today! You're all fantastic! Congratulations from me and my sister (some of you might recognise us)!!

308745_130056363769115_100002942575257_169594_275945413_n.jpg

That was one helluva hug i got at the top of nutley-(or maybe twas yer sister:D I must've soaked you!
    anyway, thanks for coming out and staying out in that rain,there werent many out at that stage..the group were staggered by that bi-location skill that ye've obviously been practicing..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

If my tempo time is the same as my real time on http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp?login=&password=&is_domenica=-1&nextRaceId=&dpbib=&dpcat=&dpsex=&servizio=000&pageType=1&locale=1040&id=4027# I was in the 2nd wave. When we came down fitzwilliam lane i came out on lower fitzwilliam street and turned left and went as far as the next arch, about 15 meters back. How far was that from the start line ? i don't know how both can be the same. can someone export the google earth file from their route yesterday if they pressed the the start and end time at the right places. I forgot to press the end for a min or two so I want to see where the finish was. I was at the very back of the 4 hr pacer band where there was a bit of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TiptoeMushroom

jonny99 wrote: »
    Yeah, you were struggling at that stage,well done for picking it up in the hardest part of the race,courageous spurt was noted:)sub 4.30 next year for sure.

You are a legend! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesmurphy1

Walker11 wrote: »
    Hey what a day.. Managed to finish my first marathon in 4.40,- delighted. had been aiming for 4.30 something and kept with the 4.30 pacers until halfway, slowed down a bit and then at clonskeagh my knee gave in, walked for a few mins thinking it was all over, in drizzly rain and not many spectators it was a miserable few mins but managed to start again and ran all the way to the end in the pouring rain. My husband kept me going meeting me at 11 and 18 but then missed me at 24 and he started cycling back up the course looking for me..whoops. Spectators were great, from the guy who fell off his bike in the Phoenix park to a big cheer and then did it again for the laugh, the randomner playing the saxophone, and someone who shouted out my name but I couldn't figure out who it was. it was fairly lonely once I lost the pacers, think name on the t-shirt is a good idea for the next one! Achy legs today but already wondering when I'll do another ;)

I was also with the 4.30 pacers thanks to them especially the guy from ballyer living in Clane they were fantastic and the two other guys with us who were doing all the commentary and singing. Sadly I lost the pacers at 15 miles but still managed to finish my second marathon in 4.54 I stupidly in the excistement did not stop my watch at the end but enough of that. Yes the guy in park falling of his bike brought great cheer to all especially doing his replay.
    Will have the post mortem later to see why or how I can improve my time as I was only 1 minute inside last years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Right folks, 2 days ago and have ye all forgotten the pain, rain, strain and agony yet?

Well done to ye all, whether ye got your time or not. All the effort for the last few months was worth it i hope and your legs will manage stairs in a few days:D

So have ye all signed up to the next marathon yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I was also with the 4.30 pacers thanks to them especially the guy from ballyer living in Clane they were fantastic and the two other guys with us who were doing all the commentary and singing. Sadly I lost the pacers at 15 miles but still managed to finish my second marathon in 4.54 I stupidly in the excistement did not stop my watch at the end but enough of that. Yes the guy in park falling of his bike brought great cheer to all especially doing his replay.
    Will have the post mortem later to see why or how I can improve my time as I was only 1 minute inside last years time.
    did u not say "never again" around the dolphins barn area:D ...well done on finishin as it got tough out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

'tis a good job the DCM wasn't on today with the weather and all. Wouldn't've fancied that to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mr abbey

Well done on your time RayCun by the way, fair play to you!

Legs feel much better, stairs no longer a problem.

Would running tonight be too soon and am I at risk of doing some injury, or is it a case of go for it if body says it's up to it?

Have to do a long hike this Saturday and Sunday and want to get the legs back in working order before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Ray, very well done on your time!

Just wondering what the best way to maintain fitness is without an immidate plan for another race? I plan on following the HH recovery plan that you previously posted Ray, but after that, are there a certain number of miles a week that will maintain a moderate to high level of fitness?
    Sorry if question is a bit vague, just looking for an indication based on someones experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Take it very slow and easy, and be ready to turn around and go home if you start to feel pain.

run44 wrote: »
    Just wondering what the best way to maintain fitness is without an immidate plan for another race? I plan on following the HH recovery plan that you previously posted Ray, but after that, are there a certain number of miles a week that will maintain a moderate to high level of fitness?

Running three times a week will keep you reasonably fit, I think, but you're really asking about the length of a piece of string :) If you go from running 30-40 miles a week to running about 10 miles a week, you will lose fitness (or at least endurance - if you are running those miles faster you will gain in other ways)

I'm still too tired to post anything coherent, but there's a thread on the main forum about this. If you have your eyes on another marathon, that's great and good luck to you. If you're not sure about taking on all that training again, that doesn't mean you have to stop running, or stop setting yourself targets. Shorter races are just as much fun and just as challenging, and probably easier to fit into your life. See what you can do over 5k, or 5 mile in the next few months.

Join a running club! I know some of you might be a bit nervous of clubs and think you're not good enough, but guess what? You've just run a marathon! Any club will be glad to take you. Running with a club will help get you out training through the winter evenings, and really bring you on over the shorter distances.

But don't let it all slip away. You're probably as fit now as you've ever been, it would be a shame to waste it all and go back to the couch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

run44 wrote: »
    Ray, very well done on your time!

Sorry if question is a bit vague, just looking for an indication based on someones experience!

Sign up for something else - I find it's the one thing guaranteed to get me out the door. I'm planning on signing up for the Kildare half in May - it's great and there's a discount if you register before end of November. I'm going to spend the next few weeks on the recovery programme, then follow a 10k plan to try to up my speed (1st time for that !) and then the HH intermediate half plan. Then we're into DCM 2012 territory :D There's a full marathon in Kildare also if you feel so inclined.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 jamesmurphy1

ultraman1 wrote: »
    did u not say "never again" around the dolphins barn area:D ...well done on finishin as it got tough out there

Yes I did but that was monday now I know I have to maybe use a different plan than HH novice 2 the next time hey thanks for everything I was very dis heartened to fall behind but Im nearly sure it again maybe the Waterford half all the best again to you and the other pacers at 4.30 who were they

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Thanks Ray,

I must admit there is a bit of "what do I do now" kinda thoughts going on today. Back to work and its like coming back after christmas or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 suseoh

So I got through the marathon in 3:42:09, could walk around fairly reasonably , then this morning I put my back out lifting my 3 year old out of the bath! Aaaaaagh!
    Now nothing from mid torso down works, no real pain just stiff in the back.
    Ah well it least it didn't happen before.
    Fair play to you Ray! Great time, think the improvement to sub 3:30 is phenomenal.it something I am going to aim for in the next couple of years. Felt grand throughout but always feared I would hit the wall if I injected more pace.
    Just wondering if you think the pete pf plan is the way to go for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Thanks Ray,

I must admit there is a bit of "what do I do now" kinda thoughts going on today. Back to work and its like coming back after christmas or something.

Just like taper amdness, they have an expression for it.

It's called the Post Marathon Blues. :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ray,

just a quick note to say thanks a million again for all the amazing work you have done over the months to ensure us newbies got across the line - I've been a secret lurker since about August and this thread became compulsive daily viewing.

I'd never ever run or been involved in any sport except a bit of sailing until July and sort of stumbled into jogging just to lose a couple of stone and keep the hound exercised - then discovered this thread and became hooked, first came the Phoenix Park half which I did together with my wife (don't worry she gets relayed every post daily) and that was a great feeling - then thoughts of attempting the marathon started creeping in - and the training began in earnest, wearing out the roads and footpaths of North County Dublin, my first 20 mile LSR brought on horrible ITBS (I found out what was wrong via this thread!) :D, allied to pre-existing Sciatica - that was the end of training for 3 full weeks in October-, with just one 10 miler and a few days of 4-5 miles prior to the DCM - I only had this thread to keep me going!

Physio, (Lisa from Rathdown Physio, highly recommended) sorted out the ITBS - gave me the ' You're mad but, do it if you feel ok, OK) - Fast forward to Monday morning and somehow I'm standing right at the back of wave 3 and my wife/trainer is actually more nervous than me (and she wasn't even running (don't worry she will be next year)) - after following every speck of advice from this thread for months, off I shot after the 4.15 balloons, to be passed by the 4.30 pacers at about 20 miles - held them for about 2 miles then a toe disaster followed by rain and 'who put them damn hills there without telling me' series of events meant that I finished in 4.31.. to be greeted by a nervous wife/trainer who was actually more nervous and exhausted than me - Never Ever Again.

Anyway 2 days later, I can almost use stairs without bannisters, and I tried to run 15 mtrs a few mins ago - Already, looking online last night at the next half or full marathon and will def be back at the start of DCM wave 3 next year looking for a sub 4.

I'm still just about the right side of 50, but now I'm two stone lighter, fitter, and feel that I've really achieved something - this is all to the credit of you and your fellow conspirators, so thanks to Raycun, Slow, Racoon, Nules and ALL the other regulars whose advice I've soaked up and laughed with over the last few months - great job, very well done..

ATVB,

John Mc

PS very jealous of your time Ray - well done....

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

suseoh wrote: »
    Just wondering if you think the pete pf plan is the way to go for next year?

I'm not a great advertisement for it really because I didn't follow it properly - I joined a club a few months back (as everybody has heard at least three times :D) so my midweek running had to fit around that. I did follow a 5k plan from the sister book, and found that good.

I suppose the main problem people have with training themselves, or following a very simple plan like Hal Higdon's Novice plan, is that they just go out and run without a clear idea of how fast they should be going or what they should achieve. P&D is very good for telling you what the purpose of each run is, how fast you should do it, and how it all fits together into a training plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Advanced Marathoning is my bible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Well I'd happily take the 30 or 45 min improvements in a year that the two of ye managed.

sub 3 for the two of ye so next year????

• Advertisement

BobMac104 wrote: »
    sub 3 for the two of ye so next year????

[hollow laugh]

No marathons for me next year - the family won't stand for the training, and I can't take the pain :D
    Plan is to do shorter races - 5k/5 mile/10k/cross country/maybe even track :eek: - next year, and up to half marathons in 2013.
    And maybe in 2014 I'll pick a fast course and a stupid goal time...

Advertisement