Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing a screw from my new Warne Mounts

Options
  • 23-04-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I received some Warne quick release mounts for my CZ527 Varmint which I'm still waiting for the licence to come through for, so I don't have the rifle yet.

I think I may be missing a recoil screw from one of the mounts, see pic below;

23042011955.jpg

I've sent a mail to Opticswarehouse and Warne, but I'm not going to get a reply until after the after holidays. Does anyone know if this is normal for these mounts or do they come with a screw on each mount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I received some Warne quick release mounts for my CZ527 Varmint which I'm still waiting for the licence to come through for, so I don't have the rifle yet.

I think I may be missing a recoil screw from one of the mounts, see pic below;

23042011955.jpg

I've sent a mail to Opticswarehouse and Warne, but I'm not going to get a reply until after the after holidays. Does anyone know if this is normal for these mounts or do they come with a screw on each mount?

Only one recoil screw, that mount goes on the rear dovetail. There is nowhere to put a recoil screw on the front dovetail. Like it won't go on the dovetail if the recoil screw is in the mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

Isn't it normal to have a recoil pin/lug in only one mount of a pair?

Plus, you're nearly as bad as Tackleberry, worrying about recoil in what I imagine is probably a .223.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

clivej wrote: »
    Only one recoil screw, that mount goes on the rear dovetail. There is nowhere to put a recoil screw on the front dovetail. Like it won't go on the dovetail if the recoil screw is in the mount.

Thanks Clive, was hoping it was going to be something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Have you decided to spend a bit more and get the CZ Varmint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

dev110 wrote: »
    Have you decided to spend a bit more and get the CZ Varmint?

Let just say we'll be comparing notes;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Let just say we'll be comparing notes;)

You won't look back!

Laminate, Kevlar or Ordinary stock?

There is a few here with the varmint in one variation or another.

Clive, Virminhunter, Fish Slapped to name a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Mr.Flibble wrote: »
    Isn't it normal to have a recoil pin/lug in only one mount of a pair?

Plus, you're nearly as bad as Tackleberry, worrying about recoil in what I imagine is probably a .223.

What do you shoot again? Air rifle/pea shooter?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

What do you shoot again? Air rifle/pea shooter?

You're as bad as FISMA - you're also confusing me with Sparks.

Advertisement