Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basking sharks visit Donegal in huge numbers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

<off topic, from the skynews link>
    Hahahaha there are some idiotic comments on there.
    </off topic>

Would be nice to see if i was at home. I remember years ago being on a boat out the back of Aran to see a similar sight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Muffler should get a Mod job on sky news... That would sort them out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Yeah what a load of tosh those comments are. Anyone who ever read a fish book knows our fish are described as "native to the British isles".

On topic again I believe the large number of basking sharks coming to us now may have something to do with global warming but would have more to do with the drift net ban for salmon. No more cutting them out of the miles of invisible monofilimant.

Another point is yesterdays star newspaper was telling us all about the few basking sharks off county Kerry and to visit Kerry over the bank holiday weekend etc.. Ffs we have 20 in our bay and no word of it. And the tourism industries and hotels wonder why its quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

irish1967 wrote: »
    Muffler should get a Mod job on sky news... That would sort them out !!

He's bad enough as it is....

5648880027_e65b2956a0_b.jpg

:D:pac:

Advertisement