Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kind of ridiculous favour for mate

• 23-04-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

My mate is a farmer and has been going on non stop about a gorgeous girl he saw lately at the new ross mart. He reckons she is the most beautiful woman he's ever seen in his life. He didn't say anything to her, and now regrets it. I talked him up and he got a bit of courage to say hi when he was there last week but she wasn't there. He isn't always at the new ross mart.

So she was at the new ross mart on a sat recently wearing an orangey red top and jeans and had sunglasses on her head. She's tall with long dark hair and slim.

If by chance anyone knows her ore recognises the description, do you know if she's there ofen or if she's married. The old romantic in himself thanks you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Sorry, but she's married!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Sorry, but she's married!:cool:

Is that your missus jeff the two lads are thinkin of going chatting!??:D:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Don't know whats going on lately but last Tuesday in Enniscorthy there was one nice bird there and an absolute cracker in a red jacket in Carnew today. Maybe these birds are looking for a farmer as most of the other young men in the country are unemployed;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

the good weather brings them out of the woodwork;)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

I'm not a farmer but maye i should be if thats where all the hotties are at (hope my missus isn't reading this!) ;)

He said that she was sitting in the top corner of the main ring and she excused herself for having to jump down by him, he went red and said nothing back!!! :D he also said that she didn't seem to speak with any accent, or a very mild one that he couldn't place. She looked early 20's.

Do you really know her jeff, he's been kicking himself ever since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭claire2010

I might know her. Who was she with?

claire2010 wrote: »
    I might know her. Who was she with?

he doesnt know many people down there so isnt sure. Just knows nobody came down behind her but there was a guy in front of her going up to the canteen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

I am in Ross every Saturday. Foolishly buying yearlings at the minute :rolleyes:. Can't think who it might be but racking my brains here and might be one as if I think I am at the right corner it is where I usually be finger waving.

Spoken for I think if I have the right person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

juzus cattle were fairly dear in roke one ould lad said to me yesterday tis like the housing thing if it dont last there will be a fair few lads in trouble with a lot of dear cattle that wont be worth much. i said i think t will stay up but he ddnt want to hear any positivity only doom and bloddy gloom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

ellewood wrote: »
    juzus cattle were fairly dear in roke one ould lad said to me yesterday tis like the housing thing if it dont last there will be a fair few lads in trouble with a lot of dear cattle that wont be worth much. i said i think t will stay up but he ddnt want to hear any positivity only doom and bloddy gloom
    I think he might be right look at the price lads are paying for suck calves .I dont think it will bring the banks down or anything but alot of people will be sorry for thinking the price will only be going up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

ellewood wrote: »

Same with sheep. I see a lot of lads starting flocks now.

Madness at these prices. From my point of view, however, long may it last :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

I know of a few nice girls "up the country" who go to marts, their fathers usually get them to add a few cattle to their lots as a lady wont have as many "men/mice" bidding against. One of them is a serious cattle girl with a great eye. I usually do 4 marts a week around here but not a bird in sight

nashmach wrote: »
    I am in Ross every Saturday. Foolishly buying yearlings at the minute :rolleyes:. Can't think who it might be but racking my brains here and might be one as if I think I am at the right corner it is where I usually be finger waving.

Spoken for I think if I have the right person.

ok...so he says if you're looking at the ring she would have been in the top left corner, right next to the wall. She was also wearing green wellies. He's fairly interested in where she is from as well, for some reason he fancies himself as being able to place accents and couldn't place hers. So he thinks she's either english or south dublin.

He claims there was a bit of dirt on the wellies as well so is wondering is she's actually in farming!

Is she usually at the mart on a sat? He hasn't seen her before. He's still going on about the "most perfect vision of beauty" he's ever seen....farmer turned poet i think i have here!!!

I know of a few nice girls "up the country" who go to marts, their fathers usually get them to add a few cattle to their lots as a lady wont have as many "men/mice" bidding against. One of them is a serious cattle girl with a great eye. I usually do 4 marts a week around here but not a bird in sight

he said there was a few womenfolk there, you must be at the wrong marts!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

jomc wrote: »
    So he thinks she's either english or south dublin.
    Theres a difference????:D

i got a msg to say she might be the gf of a farmer in tullagher:confused:

does that sound familiar with anyone? and she might be at next sats mart, i'll let him know anyhow but it seems like there is a lot of contenders for this mystery woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

johngalway wrote: »
    Same with sheep. I see a lot of lads starting flocks now.

Madness at these prices. From my point of view, however, long may it last :pac:

Some people eternal stupidity never seems to amaze.... prices are only good as there's short supply, exactly like in grain, too many lads think they can make a few quick bucks leads to over supply and so prices will fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Some people eternal stupidity never seems to amaze.... prices are only good as there's short supply, exactly like in grain, too many lads think they can make a few quick bucks leads to over supply and so prices will fall.

Reckon this year will tell that tale, if prices are back from last year I'll be putting on my thinking cap :D

I'd love to know where all the sheep were going to out of Connemara/South Mayo though. Very strong trade for ewe lambs and ewes of all ages the past two years. Can't all be locals buying them at those prices. Mind you they were coming from Kerry, Donegal and Wicklow.

Sounds like he is sorted so.

Best watch out then that he isn't bidding as well as ooddling at some stage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

My mate is a farmer and has been going on non stop about a gorgeous girl he saw lately at the new ross mart. He reckons she is the most beautiful woman he's ever seen in his life. He didn't say anything to her, and now regrets it. I talked him up and he got a bit of courage to say hi when he was there last week but she wasn't there. He isn't always at the new ross mart.

So she was at the new ross mart on a sat recently wearing an orangey red top and jeans and had sunglasses on her head. She's tall with long dark hair and slim.

If by chance anyone knows her ore recognises the description, do you know if she's there ofen or if she's married. The old romantic in himself thanks you

Suuuuurrre, your maaaaate, riiiiiiight.

I believe you jomc.

LostCovey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

LostCovey wrote: »
    Suuuuurrre, your maaaaate, riiiiiiight.

I believe you jomc.

LostCovey

:D:D:Di thought that from the start ... being able to describe her head to toe even dirt on the green wellies.. gave it away!! think someone fell in love at the mart!! Dont mind the boyfriend, rattle away .. theres 7 nights in the week you know:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 melly

Don't know whats going on lately but last Tuesday in Enniscorthy there was one nice bird there and an absolute cracker in a red jacket in Carnew today. Maybe these birds are looking for a farmer as most of the other young men in the country are unemployed;)
    Maybe these "bird" are actually farming and buying or selling a few!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

just ask the mouth in the ring, that turns the cattle when hes not talking, he knows everyone .:Di wont be there this sat going to the leinster game. i always stand where the cattle come out of the ring.

leg wax wrote: »
    just ask the mouth in the ring, that turns the cattle when hes not talking, he knows everyone .:Di wont be there this sat going to the leinster game. i always stand where the cattle come out of the ring.

:D:D:D

Classic post!

It is a pity he won't open the second gate on the scales to let the stock out :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be far from you usually there :pac:

nashmach wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Classic post!

It is a pity he won't open the second gate on the scales to let the stock out :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be far from you usually there :pac:
    i stand the cattle side of the railing.

lol i knew this being boards someone would accuse me of something!!!

Sadly i'm no farmer, i'm a suit and polished pointy shoes type of guy that run from a milking parlour screaming like a girl, and i already have a faulous oh.

My mate is just a bit shy and doesn't get to meet many women so i thought i'd try help him out when he seemed to be quite into this girl. Plus he doesn't even know how to turn on a computer to do this himself.

The people that think they knew her, does a tulloghers farmers gf sound right or do you think she could be someone else? He's going to the mart this sat anyhow in the hopes of meeting her, i won't be there!!!

I'd say he knows a few of you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

You say hes goin to the mart this sat, is he buyin or sellin or just lookin?:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

bet it would seriously impress her if he had the hand out all day and bought all around him, bet she would be impressed. not sure how your mates bank manager might react though

Why would girls be impressed with buying cows? Is that the country version of buying champagne? He's a nice guy so i'm sure his personality will be impressive enough....if he actually manages to speak to her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Why would girls be impressed with buying cows? Is that the country version of buying champagne? He's a nice guy so i'm sure his personality will be impressive enough....if he actually manages to speak to her

Not the same thing, a few cattle would buy alot of champagne!

What is your plan here, if you got her name and address, what? If its meant to be, it will.

well any news of the hot mare in the crowd did he talk did she answer or was the price of cattle up to put him off , as far as i am concerened she was not there today .

leg wax wrote: »
    well any news of the hot mare in the crowd did he talk did she answer or was the price of cattle up to put him off , as far as i am concerened she was not there today .

Definite no sign of her today. Prices were up a lot to scare her away!!

maybe she arrived outside the mart where I was yesterday as most of the buyers were on the missing list. happy days for me:D

Advertisement