Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plc entry requirement leaving cert standard

• 23-04-2011 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

i want to join a plc course it says the entry is a leaving cert standard
    does that mean i only have to do my leaving cert to get it like for example i do not have to pass subjects

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Five passes usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

i do not think so cause on some courses it says that leaving cert standards with at least five passes and others it just says leaving cert standard so i would assume it just means you only have to sit your exams is this true coz surely if you needed to passes it would say it on the courses that say only leaving cert standard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to the people running the course. 'LC standard' is generally taken as 5 passes at any level, but some courses do not actually require you to have sat a Leaving, just have reached LC level in education, i.e. some attendance post JC/TY.
    Each college/course is different.

in cavan it only says leaving cert for computer and network support techian

yes but how come on a few couses it says leaving cert standard WITH 5 PASSES and others it just says leaving cert standard on qualifax and the colledge website surely if that was true the colledge would say 5 passes surely they would have to make that clear on their website as other colleges do

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

hmm my post was removed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

soup1 wrote: »
    hmm my post was removed?

No, but I see it now in the other thread and it will be.

Advertisement