Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

jiu jitsu clubs in dublin?

• 23-04-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I work variable hours and as a consequence cannot join a specific club cos more often than not I cannot make more than one training session a week as the times don't suit.
    What I have been doing is training in 2 different clubs 2 days a week but its costing me €15 a class because I am not a member of either. (thats €120 a month and more when i make it 3 days)

are there any jiu jitsu/mma clubs that charge a more reasonable rate such as 7-8 euros/class?

btw I appreciate that the €15 pay as you train classes are that price to encourage membership but my schedule doesn't suit being a member fo one club.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

nino1 wrote: »
    I work variable hours and as a consequence cannot join a specific club cos more often than not I cannot make more than one training session a week as the times don't suit.
    What I have been doing is training in 2 different clubs 2 days a week but its costing me €15 a class because I am not a member of either. (thats €120 a month and more when i make it 3 days)

are there any jiu jitsu/mma clubs that charge a more reasonable rate such as 7-8 euros/class?

btw I appreciate that the €15 pay as you train classes are that price to encourage membership but my schedule doesn't suit being a member fo one club.

Vote with your feet bud.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Wild Geese will let you buy a block of classes. Not sure what the time limit is, but it's more flexible than paying by the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭tritium

I think the Morcegeao clubs have some kind of arrangement that runs across their clubs, maybe one of them could advise you. Seems kind of unusual to have anyone who works mainly on a by the class basis these days. Alternatively the wild geese club (Morcegao as well for thie BJJ) has a 10 classes for €80 rate which I think works for any classes, again maybe someone can advise better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

nino

if your any wheres near us. €7 a class for BJJ and also €7 a class for muay thai.

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭nino1

thanks lads. Paddy those rates sound good but it's be a bit of a trek cos i'm in fairview. what days and times do ye train bjj and muay thai? you website seems to be down at the moment?

The wild geese package looks too. where are the Morcegeao clubs located other than portabello and parnell st?
    there website is down too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

didnt know web site was down, thanks mate

also morceago has classes on north circulaer road. Lionheartmartials arts I think.

Tony who runs it is on here

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tadix

tony souza is a 2nd dan black belt who coaches in legends in bray i think its a tenner a class with him,deffinatly worth it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭nino1

trained with the lads in lionheartmartialarts on thursday.
    Great training and the lads are dead on.
    Would definately recommend it to anyone in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks for coming back with an update, very few do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

Sano Vitae in the IFSC seem to be doing it. I walked in to the gym and saw a list for it so it might be worth looking into.

There is a member here called SanoVitae drop them a pm and see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Crusher

Hi Paddy, what are you BJJ times please, as they are not on your timetable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Where is this, how much and who teaches? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lionheart_ma

our address is Summer Arch, North Summer street, Dublin 1. We're located just off the north circular road so not far at all from fairview. Our bjj trainer is brown belt Gera Nabuco. He's a beast and a great coach! Feel free to drop in if you want to check out a class for free. Give me a call on 0868643464

Advertisement