Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire Purchase Ireland

Options
  • 23-04-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I want to buy a road bicycle for around 600 euro is there company's that can offer you hire purchase on your item or is it just up to the shop your buying it from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A lot of places don't do finance you can always ask but usualy the intrest rates are high and best avoided.

Tesco are doing a credit card at the moment which gives you 0% for 8mts on purchaces. Put up 150 of the cash yourself and pay the rest off the credit card over 8mts, works out at 56.25pm which is managable on most incomes. This way you'll only have paid the cost of the bike and nothing extra in interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

A lot of places don't do finance you can always ask but usualy the intrest rates are high and best avoided.

Tesco are doing a credit card at the moment which gives you 0% for 8mts on purchaces. Put up 150 of the cash yourself and pay the rest off the credit card over 8mts, works out at 56.25pm which is managable on most incomes. This way you'll only have paid the cost of the bike and nothing extra in interest.

I emailed a few places prob get reply tomoro . Yeh this is an intersting idea , iv a feeling that a credit card would get me in big trouble :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As this is finance related, I'm moving this to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement