Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue playing HD video files

Options
  • 23-04-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure this is the right forum for this query, mods feel free to move it. Recently I've started having issues with HD video skipping when I try to play it in a media player. I've googled a bit but I can't seem to find any solutions. The files are generally .mkv and I'm trying to play them in vlc player or gom player. Also, may be unrelated but I've had issues with flash player too, same sort of skipping while audio has remained fine. This is only a recent development so not sure it's related to graphics card/hardware constraints but if anyone has any ideas for what I could try that'd be great!

Also, it's not quite as bad when I shut down every single thing running in the background so could it be a RAM issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I had some issues playing biggish movie files and it turned out that my Win 7 Pro had a Backup program running in the background at strange times.
    Once I disabled the backup, I found it a lot smoother.

Also might be worth checking whats running at startup.
    I usually use CCleaner, to give machine a clean, then I go
    to Tools/Startup and disable any un-necessary start-up programs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, have CCleaner. I disabled everything unnecessary just there. Tried again last night, shut down every process nearly and for 30 mins it played fine but then the jumps started again so the backup programme could be the issue. I have Vista though, how would I toggle that?

Advertisement