Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbag level rising, but nothing is being done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

ArtSmart wrote: »
    if your OP is real, talk to your teachers, ask for advice. i assume you wont talk to your parents.

Teachers wont give you advice worth ****. OP you and your mates needa take up boxing or something man. Get smart and pick yer fights. One knacker cornered on his own isnt much match for three reasonably strong young lads-assumin ye're not a skinny wee prik who cant throw a punch to save his life. Show em ya mean business.

tl;dr
    Go gym
    Get strong
    Learn boxin
    Batter knackers

In THAT order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Teachers wont give you advice worth ****. OP you and your mates needa take up boxing or something man. Get smart and pick yer fights. One knacker cornered on his own isnt much match for three reasonably strong young lads-assumin ye're not a skinny wee prik who cant throw a punch to save his life. Show em ya mean business.

tl;dr
    Go gym
    Get strong
    Learn boxin
    Batter knackers

In THAT order!

Stop watching Rocky cos this isn't advice, it's a death-wish. What about the repercussions?

chin_grin wrote: »
    Stop watching Rocky.

Never saw it. I'm idealistic but its what I did and it worked for me. ya have a better idea?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

OP, move to Bel-Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Never saw it. I'm idealistic but its what I did and it worked for me. ya have a better idea?
    Bray is a bit different to Donegal now to be fair :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Grow a pair of balls!

And what teenager uses the word harassed?

Nice. Making it socially unacceptable to talk normal english.
    What were you expecting? TXT SPK??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭FooFighters

Dude, I know what it is like happens to me almost every wee by stupid scobes and scangers.

Bray is a bit different to Donegal now to be fair :rolleyes:

Well, I s'pose they're a different breed of knacker now that ya say it. Still, puttin on some muscle and learning self-defence? Can't hurt. He'd be prepared to defend himself if it did happen again like (which, lets face it, it probably will).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I have to wonder at the OP's attitude given the phrasing of the "Reason for editing".....

Just saying......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well, I s'pose they're a different breed of knacker now that ya say it. Still, puttin on some muscle and learning self-defence? Can't hurt. He'd be prepared to defend himself if it did happen again like (which, lets face it, it probably will).

Which is a direct contradiction to your "confront them" post earlier.

I agree with this to a degree. Learn how to deal with a situation should it arise. Defend if necessary and evade. Do not instigate a scrap and follow through should there be a few more that know the attackers and decide to join in.
    Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I have to wonder at the OP's attitude given the phrasing of the "Reason for editing".....

Just saying......
    Last edited by craddy96; Today at 00:46. Reason: Thicks not getting the point

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

craddy96 wrote: »
    And the point's not that half of you are stupid (Going by the fact you think I should shoot 'em)

This is After Hours to be fair - this belongs in the Personal Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

OP form your own gang the only way for gauranteed protection

chin_grin wrote: »
    Which is a direct contradiction to your "confront them" post earlier.

I agree with this to a degree. Learn how to deal with a situation should it arise. Defend if necessary and evade. Do not instigate a scrap and follow through should there be a few more that know the attackers and decide to join in.

Naw man, I said he should get strong and learn self-defence back there too. :P yer right about the over-confrontational approach tho. Prob wouldn't be the best idea. But be prepared, Thats the gist of what we're sayin OP. you should be able to stand your ground and have the strength for them to see your not worth hasslin. Godspeed lad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hi, I am a teenager and I live in little Bray.
    I see, the worlds out to get you, very things horrible, etc, etc.

Wait until you spend some time in collage or the work force, your view of the world is horribly lopsided, life is nowhere near what you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

judging by the new edited OP I can see why people enjoy giving you slaps

jive wrote: »
    judging by the new edited OP I can see why people enjoy giving you slaps

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Scumbag level rising, but nothing is being done?
    Hi, I am a teenager and I live in little Bray. The roughest part of Bray. I get hop on often I know I'm only one of the hundreds who have to go through this. No CCTV is being put up!?
    I am getting sick of this and nothing is being done, I live in fear in my own town?!
    And no actually people, killing people is illegal in this country.
    Yeh see, If I fight them, they get people after me?
    Jesus are you ****ing thick? Do you not understand what they are like?
    And the point's not that half of you are stupid (Going by the fact you think I should shoot 'em)
    It's the fact that there's no CCTV?

Have you tried the local parish or the power of prayer op? God cant hear you if you dont say anything :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Well in fairness, if it's just you that's getting hopped on, then installing CCTV would be a waste of resources. Easier to let the guards solve it, or for you to solve it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

jive wrote: »
    stop being a pussy and just buy a gun, dumbass

imagestrollface.jpg

Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Vary the routes and times that you travel.

Nothing like unpredictability to evade capture/a kicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

You live in Bray???? :eek:

Good Lord, I really have sympathy for you, young fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Jam a hatchet in your sock like normal people...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

There is alot of scum in this country. Scum is going up and up in many areas. However expecting the Gardai to do anything isn't too realistic. They are afraid to go into these areas for fear of their own safety. Don't do anything like carry a knife, it'll only be used against you. Carrying little valuables would help. And like other people have said vary your times of travel, if possible. Running might help, if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I knew a guy like you. He started doing roids and coke and kickboxing. I think he's in jail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

tl;dr
    Go gym
    Get strong
    Learn boxin
    Batter knackers

In THAT order!

LOL

Should he arrange an 1980's montage to go with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Sonics2k wrote: »
    LOL

Should he arrange an 1980's montage to go with it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

buy cheap car
    run over scum
    burn car and scum
    tell gards scum stole your keys
    end of problem.

seriously the only way this will stop is if you're proactive - note faces, catch each one when they are alone, kick crap outta them. if you are attacked by a group, scream "i'm going to catch and kill one of you" and go for one of them, just catch him and try to bounce his scummy head off the ground.

but to be honest i blame society, i miss the days when a teacher could kick a student in the air for being scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

andrew wrote: »
    How the hell are you getting hopped on every single week?!

He made mistake buying the "I'm a victim" t-shirt.

Adro947 wrote: »
    Carrying little valuables would help.

How would that possibly help? They would just end up stealing them off him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Advertisement