Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Design me a sig, win a tenner!

Options
  • 24-04-2011 1:49am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Fun competition time!

Yes folks, you read it right. If you want this tenner:

10Euro.jpg

in your pocket, then all you have to do is impress me with your Photoshop skills, and design me a nice graphic that I can use in my sig. The graphic has to fall within the sig rules.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the maximum size allowed (500x125px) and it doesn't have to have any PSNI or boards.ie references, although since those are the only two things you know about me, I'm expecting most submissions to reference either one or both of the above and I look forward to seeing how creative people can be with very limited information.

The Rules:
    1. No national flags or references to political parties/sectarianism please
    2. One submission per person
    3. Use of the official PSNI flag is permitted should you wish to incorporate that into your submission
    4. If 5 or less submissions are received, I'll pick the one I like best on 30th April
    5. If more than 5 submissions are received, forum users will get to vote which ones should be in the Top 5
    6. Canvassing for votes via PM, through your sig or anywhere else is not allowed
    7. Closing date is 30th April, which is when I will select the one I like best from the Top 5
    8. You'll have to be willing to PM your name and address to me (only if you win) because I'll be sending the actual 10 Euro note above to your home address via recorded delivery. Only PM your name and address if you win!
    9. The winner agrees to acknowledge when they receive the cash prize
    10. Have fun!

So, if you fancy the tenner, get the thinking caps on, and may the best graphic designer win!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

ya miserable git, a tenner?

heres a sig :(:(:(;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Might have some fun with this later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What's so special about this particular tenner ? Because you seem to underline the fact that its that actual tenner, not any tenner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

It's an enchanted tenner. Hold it in your hand, and you start to hear Enya music that no-one else can.

Just for the sake of checking out the enchanted tenner, I made this abstract sig. Its abstract coz I have ''little information'' as you said. Have it done in much better quality but I had to cut down to below 30kb so..

156708.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Thanks very much for all the submission everybody.

It was a tough decision because all of the entry was so brilliant, but there can only be one winner, so after much deliberation, the winner of the "Design me a sig, win a tenner! competition is...

subz3r0

Please PM your name and address to me, and I shall post the enchanted 10 Euro note with my thanks and congratulations.

psni wrote: »
    Fun competition time!

Yes folks, you read it right. If you want this tenner:

10Euro.jpg

in your pocket, then all you have to do is impress me with your Photoshop skills, and design me a nice graphic that I can use in my sig. The graphic has to fall within the sig rules.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the maximum size allowed (500x125px) and it doesn't have to have any PSNI or boards.ie references, although since those are the only two things you know about me, I'm expecting most submissions to reference either one or both of the above and I look forward to seeing how creative people can be with very limited information.

The Rules:
    1. No national flags or references to political parties/sectarianism please
    2. One submission per person
    3. Use of the official PSNI flag is permitted should you wish to incorporate that into your submission
    4. If 5 or less submissions are received, I'll pick the one I like best on 30th April
    5. If more than 5 submissions are received, forum users will get to vote which ones should be in the Top 5
    6. Canvassing for votes via PM, through your sig or anywhere else is not allowed
    7. Closing date is 30th April, which is when I will select the one I like best from the Top 5
    8. You'll have to be willing to PM your name and address to me (only if you win) because I'll be sending the actual 10 Euro note above to your home address via recorded delivery. Only PM your name and address if you win!
    9. The winner agrees to acknowledge when they receive the cash prize
    10. Have fun!

So, if you fancy the tenner, get the thinking caps on, and may the best graphic designer win!

Received this EXACT tenner today ;) Thanks, psni !

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Received this EXACT tenner today ;) Thanks, psni !
    ...and thank you for the sig. I've been getting compliments about how different I look. People are all: "Have you dyed your hair? Have you lost weight? Have you had work done?" Not happy with any of the questions at all now that I've come to think about them, but still very happy with the sig.

Cheers again! :pac:

Advertisement