Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You can't have a pint at me weddin' 'cos me granny will take offence...

• 24-04-2011 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379850/Royal-Wedding-2011-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-ban-pints-beer-reception.html

Seriously, just when we thought a little bit of reality had kicked in, and a bit of identity with the common man had come about, fair play to Kate Middleton, she stands up and says she says that her marriage vow will not include the phrase "to honour AND OBEY" her husband, and rightfully so, yipee, welcome to 2011!

I'm all for women's rights, but seriously, what kind of stupid bint makes a big deal out of her supposed independence as a royal by virtue of her marriage statement and rightfully so, yet allows her husbands granny to set the drinks menu for the occasion?!?

GET UP THE YARD SAYS I!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This story totally deserves a whole thread to itself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379850/Royal-Wedding-2011-Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-ban-pints-beer-reception.html

Seriously, just when we thought a little bit of reality had kicked in, and a bit of identity with the common man had come about, fair play to Kate Middleton, she stands up and says she says that her marriage vow will not include the phrase "to honour AND OBEY" her husband, and rightfully so, yipee, welcome to 2011!

I'm all for women's rights, but seriously, what kind of stupid bint makes a big deal out of her supposed independence as a royal by virtue of her marriage statement and rightfully so, yet allows her husbands granny to set the drinks menu for the occasion?!?

GET UP THE YARD SAYS I!
    Daily Mail? Check.
    Royal wedding? Check.

Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Seriously though, did they sit down with her and say, "look, we know you hate Guiness drinkers, 800 years of trying to kick you out of your chair and all of that, but is there any chance you could turn a blind eye to a few Heino and carlsberg drinkers?!?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Seriously though, did they sit down with her and say, "look, we know you hate Guiness drinkers, 800 years of trying to kick you out of your chair and all of that, but is there any chance you could turn a blind eye to a few Heino and carlsberg drinkers?!?!?"

I don't blame her if that was the choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Yes. Verbatim. Now you can go to sleep. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I thought the Germans love their beer :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kfallon wrote: »
    I thought the Germans love their beer :confused:

London is part of Germany :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

You are a flaming sexist and a chauvinist pig. Also, that granny's fairly well-known about the parish... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have to drink just champaign?!!! This is an outrage! I'll still take the free champaign, pour Alfred pour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I take it she won't be hitting the dancefloor...

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    London is part of Germany :confused:

The Royals are German!

Judging by this I'd say the stag do was some laugh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Do we care Do we really give a flying **** what they drink !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

kfallon wrote: »
    The Royals are German!

Since 1000 or so England has been ruled by families of Vikings, Normans, French, Welsh, Scots, and Germans but not a single family of English descent. In fact its only since 1900 or so that the monarch has spoken English properly.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Queen sidles up to the bar....

"One would like a black and tan please."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,017 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Wills' granny may not be keen on drink, but his great-granny certainly was. That may have something to do with it ..?
    Wouldn't it be terrible if you'd spent all your life doing everything you were supposed to do, didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't eat things, took lots of exercise, all the things you didn't want to do, and suddenly one day you were run over by a big red bus, and as the wheels were crunching into you you'd say 'Oh my god, I could have got so drunk last night!' That's the way you should live your life, as if tomorrow you'll be run over by a big red bus.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

what kind of stupid bint makes a big deal out of her supposed independence as a royal by virtue of her marriage statement and rightfully so, yet allows her husbands granny to set the drinks menu for the occasion?!?

GET UP THE YARD SAYS I!

She's paying for it. And of course by her, I mean the British tax payer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

What's the world coming to when a wife won't even honour and obey their husband.

GET OUT NOW WIL...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

No beer at the royal wedding :eek:?

Thats it, I'm not going so :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

D_murph wrote: »
    No beer at the royal wedding :eek:?

Thats it, I'm not going so :rolleyes:.

The Queens Arms. No ale. There WILL be Riots at the Suptials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

GET UP THE YARD SAYS I!

I'd like Kate Middleton to obey me, in a "Who is one's father?" sort of way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

What about a pint of Kate Middleton's piss? Are ya allowed drink that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

stoneill wrote: »
    What about a pint of Kate Middleton's piss? Are ya allowed drink that?

Gives new meaning to the expression "drinking from the furry cup"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Since 1000 or so England has been ruled by families of Vikings, Normans, French, Welsh, Scots, and Germans but not a single family of English descent. In fact its only since 1900 or so that the monarch has spoken English properly.
    and the Dutch ?

Advertisement