Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus deleted all-photos music and files!

• 24-04-2011 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Earlier this evening my laptop shut down by blue screen-something about a crash dump? When the laptop restarted the desktop background was black, and all music, photos, files and projects were gone!
    Then windows recovery starts telling my my harddrive is at risk, notices saying harddrive has become unreadable and also has reached critical levels? and also a notce with some complety weird writing- squares and ¬.
    I ran MBAM and it seems to have removed what ever it was! but theres no sign of my files or photos.
    Do I have any chance of getting these files back?
    OS is vista if that makes a difference!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Have a read here. There are some viruses that hide a lot of files and after removing the virus, you still need to unhide the missing files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Think I have it sorted folks! Thanks very much!

Advertisement