Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Eircom Zykel to just be a modem

• 24-04-2011 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

I need some advice on how I get an Eircom Zykel P660 to just be a modem, and allow my Belkin N1 to be the router.

I'm trying to make life easier for myself so I can get my Slingbox and a IP CCTV camera working from the outside world.

Port forwarding doesn't seem to want to work with the two routers daisychained.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....and yes I'm a networking noob, I know...:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You need to put the Xyzel in "Bridging" mode. It passes the public IP to the Belkin. Incidentally I hate those ****ty belkins with a passion and if anything goes wrong you are on your own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Celtickiller

Zykel refuses to enter Bridge mode, tells me that it needs username and password as essential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Mine did that, but I was messing about with other settings at the time I think. Following the advice I got here and it worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Celtickiller

I gave up and made the Eircom Zykel the primary router and just turned my Belkin into a wireless access point.

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement