Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holycross,Mclearys or Becketts

• 24-04-2011 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Couldn't go home for Easter weekend so am looking for somewhere in town for some nice Sunday Lunch, as I will be on my own I dont want somewhere too upmarket, of the places mentioned in the title what would be most suitable/nicest and are all these places open today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Here's an unusual one - The golf club in Waterford Castle, tasty grub and very good value.
    And it's a scenic route across on the ferry too :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Haven't ate in McLearys but between the other two Becketts has by far the nicer food. Sadly the service is appalling so don't expect anything in a hurry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Gotta +1 that. If you go during the week when it's quiet it's one of my fav places to eat. Can be a long wait if it's busy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Gotta say, I was in the Holy Cross the other week, and the service and food /drink etc was top notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

In fairness I only had carvery in the Holy Cross so didn't think much of it.

Can't ever remember being anywhere with as poor service though as Becketts!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I knew Ziedth and Lassykk would be on to mention Becketts!! :D
    Have eaten at The Holycross, food is good (that was before it burned down)

Advertisement