Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unveiling of a plaque to Patrick Heeney Easter Monday.

Options
  • 24-04-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm attending, any boardies going?.

LINK.

(sorry must have a facebook acount).
    Monday, April 25 · 12:00pm - 3:00pm

Outside Liberty Hall Easter Monday time: 12 Noon

EASTER MONDAY 2011 UNVEILING A PAQUE TO: PATRICK HEENEY
    THE FORGOTTEN IRISH PATRIOT, WHO COMPOSED THE MUSIC FOR THE IRISH NATIONAL ANTHEM Amhran Na Fhiann (The Soldiers Song) AT HIS HOME IN MECKLENBURGH STREET (RE: NAMED RAILWAY STREET).

MEET: OUTSIDE: LIBERTY HALL-EASTER MONDAY TIME: 12 NOON FOR THE HOISTING OF THE GREEN FLAG.

THEN ON TO THE CORNER OF GARDINER STREET AND RAILWAY STREET
    (HEENEYS BIRTH PLACE WERE THE MUSIC WAS COMPOSED ) FOR THE UNVEILING OF THE PLAQUE AND TO SING Amhran Na Fhiann (The Soldiers Song) IN HIS HONOUR.

PATRICK HEENEY DIED IN ABJECT POVERTY IN 1911 AND LIES BURIED IN UNKNOWN GRAVE A 1916-1923.

PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION WILL BE HELD IN A NEAR BY COMMUNITY HALL.

THIS IS A HISTORCT EVENT PLEASE COME ALONG:
    TOTALLY NONE PARTY POLITICAL EVERY ONE WELCOME

ORGANISED BY THE NORTH INNER CITY FOLKLORE PROJECT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well maybe I'm the only DCF board member going, but if anyone is there drop me a PM and I'll pick it up from the mobile.. I'll be out in Glasnevin cemetery afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well maybe I'm the only DCF board member going, but if anyone is there drop me a PM and I'll pick it up from the mobile.. I'll be out in Glasnevin cemetery afterwards.
    You going to Glasnevin again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Des wrote: »
    You going to Glasnevin again?

Des I'm just home from both.

I went from the commemoration at Liberty Hall to Glasnevin cemetery.

I'll have the raising of the flag at Liberty hall on youtube in awhile, I'll post it here.

Other photos will be in an album on my facebook.

Advertisement