Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Board Gais heater help needed!

Options
  • 24-04-2011 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

URGENT

Can anyone put me in contact with a person which might be willing to have a look at a Board Gais home heating system?

I have already tried to contact Board Gais repeatedly but they are doing absolutely bugger all.
    I need someone to have a look at a heating system in my home and if I have to pay - so be it.

I have a home with three now sick children in it (colds and flu) - including one that has a non-curable spinal disorder - and I am being fcuked around weeks on end by those responsible for this heating system.

Help?
    Its a matter of some urgency!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

I don't know anyone to get them to help you straight away, but Richie from Gas Boiler Maint Ltd was recommended here, and had good experience dealing with him when we needed the boiler sorted last year. You can reach him on 0879690247 or 0419828741.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Had my boiler repaired lately by Bright Gas Energy on North Rd, 041 9842200. Very quick to source problem and part and came recommended. Bord Gais Approved. Forget the chaps name though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

positron wrote: »
    I don't know anyone to get them to help you straight away, but Richie from Gas Boiler Maint Ltd was recommended here, and had good experience dealing with him when we needed the boiler sorted last year. You can reach him on 0879690247 or 0419828741.
    This chap wanted €75 in a call out charge, just to come to my door - before he even did a damn thing or had to get part, etc!
    ...And he only is less than 2 miles away from me!
    Thanks but no. That charge is taking the piss!
    Scotty # wrote: »
    Had my boiler repaired lately by Bright Gas Energy on North Rd, 041 9842200. Very quick to source problem and part and came recommended. Bord Gais Approved. Forget the chaps name though...

Thanks, will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

Biggins wrote: »
    This chap wanted €75 in a call out charge, just to come to my door - before he even did a damn thing or had to get part, etc!
    ...And he only is less than 2 miles away from me!
    Thanks but no. That charge is taking the piss!

I have only had one instance of availing his service, and it was €60 I think and he had to come and go about 4 times to do various things but charged us just the €60, hence the recommendation. Thanks for the feedback though - may be things have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Is your heating system still under guarantee, it not I'm sure you will have to pay whoever you get fix it.

I get Richie from gas boiler maintenance to service mine every year and have found him very good, he has also done some repairs to my boiler over the years, I used to get another maintenance company but found Richie much better and as far as I remember the price was the same if not cheaper.

Bright Gas are the bord gais agents in Drogheda as far as I know.

• Advertisement

Standard. But as far as I recall this covers all labour til the job is done and if I'm not mistaken, with Bright Gas it covers you for a year.

Standard. But as far as I recall this covers all labour til the job is done and if I'm not mistaken, with Bright Gas it covers you for a year.

No. He said €75 was just the call out charge. Anything else done/needed was extra.
    Just to get him to my door was €75 - madness in this day and age when businesses are struggling to survive and some seriously don't have that money to part with!

No. He said €75 was just the call out charge. Anything else done/needed was extra.
    OK well with Bright it defo covers the whole repair and as far as I can recall it covers for any other call outs within 12 months.

OK well with Bright it defo covers the whole repair and as far as I can recall it covers for any other call outs within 12 months.

If I get no luck with the people that ARE meant to be looking after it, I will be trying them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Just to get him to my door was €75 - madness in this day and age when businesses are struggling to survive and some seriously don't have that money to part with!

Yeah, a total rip off, quite a few plumbers and electricians charge this call out "fee" usually its to get around the free parts and labour warranties that they give

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

See here www.rgii.ie for a list of registered gas service people in your area.

See here www.rgii.ie for a list of registered gas service people in your area.

Cheers. Much appreciated.

Advertisement