Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cavan plc college entry requirements

• 24-04-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

in the requirement it just says entry requirement leaving cert what does that mean does it only mean that i only have to have the leaving cert or does it mean you have to pas 5 subjects

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

tzfrantic wrote: »
    or does it mean you have to pas 5 subjectsor just to have done the leaving cert

I'd say ring them to be sure. A few of my friends did plcs here in Dundalk (O Fiach Institute) and they needed to pass at least 5 subjects. But I don't think it's an "official" requirement, but it's just that a lot of people apply for these plcs, so the ones that pass over 5 subjects might be considered sooner than the ones that didn't.

My friends also had to do interviews that occured in May, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

thanks notexactly yeah but in dundalk it says you need 5 pass in cavan it only says the leaving cert and i checked the whole site and the only other thing it said was a established leaving cert so is it still possible to get in if you do not get 5 passes i have appied for 3 courses in cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

you just need to have sat your leaving cert...dont need to have passed anythin

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭tzfrantic

are you sure bradly

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

yep...when i went there was definitely people in my class that had failed their leaving...that was 06-07 so unless the rules have changed and i cant see why they would you'll be grand...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should contact the college or your local AEO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

OP, you don't need two threads for the same topic.

Plus, the best people to tell you what Cavan PLC College require for specific courses are Cavan PLC College! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement