Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stolen phone

Options
  • 24-04-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

if my phone is stolen and i call the network up to tell them and they cancel the phone,then i get it back a few days later can it be used again?and if they cancelled it does it mean i loose my number for good as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

New SIM, old number.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Go into you nearest phone store and the'll get you back up and running straight away with your existing number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If you get your actual lost phone IMEI blocked, you can set a password on the block. if you get the phone back, inform the network of this and supply the password and they can unlock the phone. as for your number (sim), the previous answers have you covered

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rayh

theteal wrote: »
    If you get your actual lost phone IMEI blocked

You can access your IMEI by entering *#06# on your keypad

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

Hi all, i have a similar query in relation to this,

My phone was stolen and the IMEI blocked. question is, im with VF but if i buy a 2nd hand phone on adverts.ie and its unlocked, can i register that IMEI with VF? it was initially a VF handset but is now unlocked.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

The_Devil wrote: »
    Hi all, i have a similar query in relation to this,

My phone was stolen and the IMEI blocked. question is, im with VF but if i buy a 2nd hand phone on adverts.ie and its unlocked, can i register that IMEI with VF? it was initially a VF handset but is now unlocked.

Thanks

When you use the phone on the Vodafone network the IMEI will be sent to them.
    Do I need to know my IMEI number?
    No, it is not a handset blocking prerequisite to know the IMEI number. If the handset has been used on the Vodafone network, this information will be available to the Customer Care Representatives.

International Mobile Equipment Identity or IMEI is a unique identification number associated with each GSM device. In effect, a serial number that aids in tracking a particular device and is useful in fraud prevention.

Advertisement