Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Comedy Club

Options
  • 24-04-2011 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

comedy_club.jpg

Was delighted to be a witness at the birth of the new comedy club in the red room last night . .Some excellent comedians in a fantastic atmosphere. Well done to our own Enda Whitney for organizing, Gary White & Gary Lynch (Legend) . . Colum McDonnell couldn't make it but the guy who stood in for him (whose name escapes me) was brilliant . . The place was wedged & we all had a great laugh & will definitely be going back again next month for more abuse.(note to self . .do not sit near front of house anymore) ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Glad to hear it went well. I must try and make it along to the next one. Always good to see something like this happening, so let's hope it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

was itching to go myself but no baby sitter - what can you do? good to hear its a monthly fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ArdRi79

Defo going to the next one. I'll take the front from yeh OP I like the slaggin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Jaysus . .you'd think they'd keep their Facebook page up to date, apparently it was on again last night . .I was expecting it to be on next week sat 21st.

Bolox!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Ah Jaysus, heard nothing about it at all.

And they'll wonder why the audiences start to wane... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I think the comedy club need to hire a Public relations officer or at least take out and advertisment in the local rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

they had a biggish piece in the Leader for the first one, very little about the second one. I see someone has reminded them to update boards on the facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

As far as I'm aware there was no second gig that time, there's one on next weekend. Enda has been banned from posting so he can't reply. I assume it was seen as advertising or something, only reason I can think of....

As far as I'm aware there was no second gig that time, there's one on next weekend. Enda has been banned from posting so he can't reply. I assume it was seen as advertising or something, only reason I can think of....

How does this work? . . If I was to mention the details of an upcoming gig would I get banned like Enda? :confused:
    I presume its OK to mention ex post facto, as I wasn't banned for my first post.

Still no updates on friendface I see.

There's some talk of Patrick McDonnell AKA Eoin McLove, being in Longford on Saturday.

144866_512x288_generated.jpg
    “I’ve no willy”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Liisa

hey guys,
    I was wondering if anybody knows whether there is an e-mail address to contact the Longford Comedy Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Liisa wrote: »
    hey guys,
    I was wondering if anybody knows whether there is an e-mail address to contact the Longford Comedy Club?

PM sent

Advertisement