Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend road shoes etc.

• 24-04-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Do any of ye have recommendations for road shoes, cleats, pedals for an enthusiastic beginner(ish).
    Ready for them now, but no clue what to buy and don't plan on breaking the bank for them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

Budget, brand pref, and shoe size?

This might help people assist you better. Some good deals on odd sized road shoes out there. I got 105 pedals and shimano shoes for about £80 from crc last summer. I think that was a good deal, always keep a look on for 2nd hand sets though, some nice ones do pop up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

I picked these up. Cant fault them personally, however, maybe I would pick a set of over shoes for the winter can be quite cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

macken04 wrote: »
    I picked these up. Cant fault them personally, however, maybe I would pick a set of over shoes for the winter can be quite cold.

You kinda get what you pay for.... you should expect to have to pay 80-100 for a decent brand & another 40+ for pedals. Don't buy online unless you've previously tried on that brand/model/size. In my experience, there is a wide range of different fittings between makes, so take your time to try on lots until you find something you are very comfy in - you don't want to be in discomfort 2hrs from home in poorly fitting shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

shergar22 wrote: »
    Do any of ye have recommendations for road shoes, cleats, pedals for an enthusiastic beginner(ish).
    Ready for them now, but no clue what to buy and don't plan on breaking the bank for them
    i got a pair 105 shimano pdals cleats to match and a pair of specialized bg fit shoes practicaly new my feet are a bit wide so i had to get shimano custom wide fit shoes the bgs are just sittin there they are 42 size

Advertisement