Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TDM 850

• 24-04-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I drove bikes when I was younger, gave up my last bike 12-13 yrs ago but now have a hankering to get back in the saddle, I always loved the TDM850 and still want one! I'm looking at a couple on donedeal, anybody any opinions or comments?
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2076272

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2089172

I actually prefer the '95 model TBH.

On a related matter, are there groups in the Dublin area to go out for a spin with? I don't mean the "knee down" brigade (I live in the Crooksling area so I see and hear them mad yokes every Sunday:D), I'd be trying to keep up and just end up killing myself, I'd be happier with a nice mature sedate group which would be better considering my 12-13 yrs out of the saddle!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

A Mate of mine has a TDM 850 that he'll be looking to sell soon, it's in getting a full service at the min. It's restricted and comes with a full set of Givi panniers.. Great bike, we did a decent bit of riding last year (I'd a transalp) including a long trip round the ring of Kerry.. We've both decided to take a change of bike so he's looking to get a cruiser.. I sold my transalp and got a Yamaha dragstar 650.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

unklerosco wrote: »
    A Mate of mine has a TDM 850 that he'll be looking to sell soon, it's in getting a full service at the min. It's restricted and comes with a full set of Givi panniers.. Great bike, we did a decent bit of riding last year (I'd a transalp) including a long trip round the ring of Kerry.. We've both decided to take a change of bike so he's looking to get a cruiser.. I sold my transalp and got a Yamaha dragstar 650.

Get your mate to PM me details of bike and I'll have a look, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Sheriffk

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Hi all, I drove bikes when I was younger, gave up my last bike 12-13 yrs ago but now have a hankering to get back in the saddle, I always loved the TDM850 and still want one! I'm looking at a couple on donedeal, anybody any opinions or comments?

On a related matter, are there groups in the Dublin area to go out for a spin with? I don't mean the "knee down" brigade (I live in the Crooksling area so I see and hear them mad yokes every Sunday:D), I'd be trying to keep up and just end up killing myself, I'd be happier with a nice mature sedate group which would be better considering my 12-13 yrs out of the saddle!

Register on the Irish Biker Forum , more of a mature crowd you are looking for
    they have a ride out section , you wont be at a loss for spins .
    Im getting a TDM 900 myself this weekend , great bike ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The TDM is a great all-rounder. Reliable and comfortable with a nice sounding exhaust note. Plenty of them about and hold their value well.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i've a mint 92 tdm 850 with r1 brakes upgraded front forks and upgraded rear suspension

at anything approaching legal speeds shes the best bike i ever rode i was looking for the driveabality and comfort of a mk2 vrf 750 an i think i achieved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Did ye get a TDM......

Did ye get a TDM......

Not yet, it seems to be the same handful of TDM's being sold over and over (with a couple of hundred quid added everytime) which is making me a little wary and I will most likely wait now until the end of summer and pick something up then. (unless one falls into my lap in the mean time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭HTB

Three of my mates have teedums. Brilliant bike.

It would do no harm to look at the UK market. One of the lads got a minter near liverpool.

Check the exhaust system where it joins onto balance box underneath, they rot there. It it has been replaced with a stainless one, no bother.

Mike:)

HTB wrote: »
    Three of my mates have teedums. Brilliant bike.

It would do no harm to look at the UK market. One of the lads got a minter near liverpool.

Check the exhaust system where it joins onto balance box underneath, they rot there. It it has been replaced with a stainless one, no bother.

Cheers Mike, I might look further afield for one alright. If I'm buying a mid 90's bike I really wouldn't be expecting a minter TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭HTB

Cheers Mike, I might look further afield for one alright. If I'm buying a mid 90's bike I really wouldn't be expecting a minter TBH.

You would be surprised Andrew. The guys and gals across the water keep their bikes in very good order. they also have the MOT every year. My mates one from liverpool was very low mileage, excellent condtion and a great price even after going over for it and paying the vrt.

I have done it myself with other bikes. Allot of bargains can be had over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

HTB wrote: »
    You would be surprised Andrew. The guys and gals across the water keep their bikes in very good order. they also have the MOT every year. My mates one from liverpool was very low mileage, excellent condtion and a great price even after going over for it and paying the vrt.

I have done it myself with other bikes. Allot of bargains can be had over there.

These might float your boat.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2286547

And this one has been for sale for about 4 months now

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2294952

I've seen it elsewhere dropped to 1100. Go and wave some notes under his nose and you might get a nice surprise.

Also these two VFR's have been for sale a good while now. http://dublin.gumtree.ie/c-Cars-and-vehicles-for-Sale-motorbikes-scooters-BARGAIN-W0QQAdIdZ290601711

He was looking for 400 more on each bike about 2 months ago and i think he is around churchtown or dundrum

Cheers TD, I definitely think I'll have a look at the UK market alright, I'm a bit suspect about the same handful of TDM's which pop up every couple of months for sale here.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cheers TD, I definitely think I'll have a look at the UK market alright, I'm a bit suspect about the same handful of TDM's which pop up every couple of months for sale here.:)

Motorbikes, like certain cars (sports cars, camper's etc) - there are only so many in the country, so it's inevitable they keep coming up.

If you find a good one in the UK, why do you think an Irish one would have been any less 'loved' - you'll know by inspecting the machine.

At the mo, and with people strapped for cash, imho, there's value here in this market. Not every bike you buy in the UK is sold by a saint, either........damhik.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement