Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is vicar street from Morans red cow hotel??

Options
  • 24-04-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

How much would a taxi roughly cost ???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I could be way off here but as a guess I'd say 25 - 30e?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Around €20 at most. You could also get the luas - which is nearby - to James' Hospital and its about a ten minute walk from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just a thought, if you get the LUAS from outside the hotel, to James Hospital, you could probably walk the rest in 15 mins. Or hop off the luas and jump a cab. should be no more than a fiver (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

Thought it was closer.... Will prob book the holiday Inn City Centre or the grand canal hotel in Dublin 4..

they are closer arent they

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

They're sort of on the opposite side of town but would probably be about €10 - €12 in a taxi. Did you try Jury's in Christchurch to see if they're doing any deals? - about 5 min walk from vicar street.

Or Blooms Hotel in Temple bar is reasonable enough and would be about a ten minute walk: http://www.blooms.ie/?gclid=CKy96vTGtagCFUEa4Qod92u9Aw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

foreman wrote: »
    Thought it was closer.... Will prob book the holiday Inn City Centre or the grand canal hotel in Dublin 4..

they are closer arent they

If its mid-week I see The Harding Hotel on Fishamble St are doing rooms at €40, its a good hotel, nice bistro & bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Get the Luas to either Smithfield or Four Courts, it would be about a 5 minute stroll from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Or cross the pedestrian bridge from the hotel and hop on a 51b/c bus. This will drop you right outside Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pimlico

I live in the area, but Stayed in The Harding Hotel when my house was being completely renovated. Stayed there 4 nights and stayed in Jurys Christchurch 2 nights, Wished I had stayed in The Harding The full 6 nights. What it cost me for two nights in Jury was more than 4 nights in The Harding. I got it for €35 a night single, but as said they do start double rooms from €40 per night definitely worth a look and only a few mins walk from The Vicar.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

thanks for all the feed back

• Advertisement
Advertisement