Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck...

Options
  • 24-04-2011 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

anyone know how to cite the constitution using the oscala system? i cant find the guidelines for it because i dont think the constitution is an article really is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

lallychops wrote: »
    anyone know how to cite the constitution using the oscala system? i cant find the guidelines for it because i dont think the constitution is an article really is it?

its in the irish appendix to oscola on the law school site here towards the end

Constitution
    The Constitution is known as Bunreacht na hÉireann 1937 or the Constitution of
    Ireland 1937. Reference to the Constitution may be made as follows:
    Constitution of Ireland 1937 article 40.6.1°.i
    Article 40.6.1°.i of the Irish Constitution
    Article 40.6.1°.i (thereafter)
    Art 40.6.1°.i (in footnote)
    Use of the degree symbol (°) is essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭lallychops

freyners wrote: »
    its in the irish appendix to oscola on the law school site here towards the end

Constitution
    The Constitution is known as Bunreacht na hÉireann 1937 or the Constitution of
    Ireland 1937. Reference to the Constitution may be made as follows:
    Constitution of Ireland 1937 article 40.6.1°.i
    Article 40.6.1°.i of the Irish Constitution
    Article 40.6.1°.i (thereafter)
    Art 40.6.1°.i (in footnote)
    Use of the degree symbol (°) is essential

i think i actually love you!!! MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :D

Advertisement