Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn Vs Hero?

Options
  • 24-04-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying one of these, and just wondering what other people's experience of these were?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

hero is very solid and comfortable. takes rock impacts very well and bounces up and over stuff really nicely. the burn is a little faster, tracks sharper and punches harder, but i dont think pyranha plastic is as robust as Jackson. (get me both and will test to destruction for you if you like) the way i view these too boats is; hero for shallow rocky runs (ireland), burn for higher volume runs (europe). try them both out before you buy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

thanks :) I assume that by tracks better you mean that it stays online easier? Do you know how good/bad the outfitting in the jackson is compared to the burn?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

A friend of mine is demo-ing a Hero at the moment (he was a paddling a burn) he said that while the outfittings looked crude they were actually very useful as everything is on strings and when fitted to him it was very comfortable, he made some snazy lines down Palmerston weir with it last week, but having said that he would make snazy lines in make shift raft. Good luck with it :)

Advertisement