Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library open tomorrow? (Easter Monday)

Options
  • 24-04-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Here you go, UCD Library

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The answer is yes.

I'm not sure why people waste their time with those Let me google sites. It was a simple question that needed a simple answer. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I think it's more to highlight the genuine simplicity in finding some answers. Not an attack on the OP, but if the same effort as typing this thread was put into a google search, the answer would be obtained significantly quicker.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The let me google that for you sites make me want to put my fist through the screen! It's a genuine question - the UCD Library site isn't the best laid out so it isn't surprising that it isn't immediately obvious what time it is open on a Bank Holiday.

You could answer the question about 4 times in the time it takes to go to the LMGTFY website, type in what you want and then link it in a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Could the mod sticky a thread with the opening and closing times (contributed by users of course) of the buildings in UCD (Library, Science Block, Arts, Daedalus etc...). Might be useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

It's a genuine question - the UCD Library site isn't the best laid out so it isn't surprising that it isn't immediately obvious what time it is open on a Bank Holiday.

On the Homepage of the Library site there's a picture of a clock at the top of the page with the words 'Opening Hours' beside it. If you follow the link it gives you info about the library's regular opening hours, as well as special arrangements for the Bank Holiday weekend.

I don't see how that could be more clearly laid out. Smacks of laziness on the part of the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's 10:58am, and the queue for library opening at 11:00am is stretching all the way down the stairs, past the SU shop and back again. I don't think I'm going to get to a UCD computer today ... :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In fairness to the Let Me Google guy, it is annoying to have so many very easily answered questions as the subject of threads here.

Edit: That being said you could easily answer the question and then say "You do know that in future, you can blah, blah, blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

bnt wrote: »
    It's 10:58am, and the queue for library opening at 11:00am is stretching all the way down the stairs, past the SU shop and back again. I don't think I'm going to get to a UCD computer today ... :o
    Should of been there at 9. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

bnt wrote: »

I hope that's not the case for tomorrow at 9! There's no way I'm going in any earlier than 9 and I need a plug ,thanks to my prehistoric laptop battery :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Jigglypuff wrote: »
    I hope that's not the case for tomorrow at 9! There's no way I'm going in any earlier than 9 and I need a plug ,thanks to my prehistoric laptop battery :eek:

It will be only get worse in JJ as the week goes on.

As for the my first post, OP seemed to like it, and isn't that all that really matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Ah! So the annual FINDTHEWORKINGSOCKET competition is afoot in the library.

Or to give it its full title:

Find the free, working socket that won't incur a fine from librocop, and can be used without having to crouch under someone's desk/stand in corridor.

It's four floors of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Bring an extension lead, and ask the lovely people do they mind if you plug out theirs, and pop it into to extension lead.

Also great if you wanna add in puns about plugging someone, to an attractive girl. If you're into that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you can take out any book(s) you need, you might be better off studying in a different building. The top floor of the Health Sciences Library is also a great place for laptops - plenty of power sockets - though I haven't been in there this week. There were lots of free computers in Daedalus today, and no classes on. The main Library has to be the most unpleasant place on campus this week, I think ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement