Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade £109.98 / €125 [Back Available at PrepayMania]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Great stuff. I have been looking for a decent and cheap android phone.

Thanks op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

You can unlock it for free online, no need for a special sim.

Ok, for the completely clueless, is it easy to unlock this phone online? I want to use it with 3Pay.

Thanks for any advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Everything is easy to change on this phone, although that's more to do with ZTE's cluelessness than openness :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are these phones expensive to run on a pay as you go account ,i.e web access ,email etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will pick one of these up for the misses, thanks for the heads up guys

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are these phones expensive to run on a pay as you go account ,i.e web access ,email etc ?

nah
    Just disable Data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I have Japanese Jellyfish and it's great, 2.2

Love this phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

ive stuck on bladevillain as im staying on 2.1 flash doesnt work on 2.2 yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Spipov wrote: »

Does flash work on this phone on 2.1?

It'll never work!!
    Fook flash lite it's crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Just as a matter of interest. Can you use the £10 credit (in UK) or do you have to register with Orange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i bought it, quite happy with it, but i think it was a bit of an impulse buy. unfortunately i had to buy £20 airtime with it in an orange shop making this £114.95 (it was £94.95).

this has been flashed to bladevillain, as well as sim unlocked (using modaco).

ive used clockwork recovery, i think its restorable to stock if need be.

im going to be putting it up on adverts i think. dont need a secondary phone that full of features, itll make my iphone angry. and we know apple products should not get angry :)

i bought it, quite happy with it, but i think it was a bit of an impulse buy. unfortunately i had to buy £20 airtime with it in an orange shop making this £114.95 (it was £94.95).

this has been flashed to bladevillain, as well as sim unlocked (using modaco).

ive used clockwork recovery, i think its restorable to stock if need be.

im going to be putting it up on adverts i think. dont need a secondary phone that full of features, itll make my iphone angry. and we know apple products should not get angry :)
    sell it with Swedish Spring, not BladeVillian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Hey, just wondering does anyone no if amazon take the money straight away or when the phone is despatched? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

manu2009 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering does anyone no if amazon take the money straight away or when the phone is despatched? Thanks!

usually charge when it's despatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Just ordered, excellent value for a good android phone, wish we didnt have to wait a few weeks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

nah
    Just disable Data
    Disabling data on a smart phone is like telling the hooker to keep her clothes on and sit on the chair, you just wanna have a look at her.

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Disabling data on a smart phone is like telling the hooker to keep her clothes on and sit on the chair, you just wanna have a look at her.
    true
    sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

Well this will be a nice step up from my Nokia 10€POS model...including such features as an led light. Been wanting to get one of these phones for quite a while, thanks OP for the info :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Just realise amazon.co.uk rised San Francisco price to £123.43! What if I ordered it week ago for £99.00 but still not dispatched/charged with it? Will they charge me £123.43 instead £99??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

zom wrote: »
    Just realise amazon.co.uk rised San Francisco price to £123.43! What if I ordered it week ago for £99.00 but still not dispatched/charged with it? Will they charge me £123.43 instead £99??
    No, they'll charge you the price it was when you ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Will they deliver this direct to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

cassette50 wrote: »
    usually charge when it's despatched.

thanks :D i wanted to order mine over the weekend but didn't have enough in my account so was gonna wait till today, saw this and ordered anyway :D got it for the £99 price so thanks lots cassette. I'm getting around may 20th for delivery. To the poster above, yes they will ship to Ireland, amazon won't let you complete orders they won't send to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

NOW CHEAPER:D. Have a look at www.orange.co.uk and click on PAYG phones on the LHS. If you use the Select by Brand you can tick Orange and all the Orange branded ones will come up. The San Francisco is now only 69.99:D. Only suitable for boardies who have a contact in the UK or N.I. Happy shopping:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Begs the question, is there a newer (improved/better) budget phone around the corner?

biebiebie wrote: »
    Begs the question, is there a newer (improved/better) budget phone around the corner?

not unless you don't care for decent screen and will shell out a lot more for a Wildfire S

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

biebiebie wrote: »

There is the zte skate coming out sometime soon.

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_skate-3784.php

There is the zte skate coming out sometime soon.

http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_skate-3784.php

same chipset.. stupid ZTE

same chipset.. stupid ZTE
    bigger screen / same resolution = shorter battery life :(

• Advertisement

The San Francisco is now only 69.99:D.

Have to add £10.00 for top-up, so it's £79.99

zom wrote: »
    Have to add £10.00 for top-up, so it's £79.99

Ah, yeah, but sure you can give the sim to your contact :) Its no use here anyway. Even at 80 quid, its a great deal to get an android phone for less than 100 yoyos. Go to www.orangesanfrancisco.co.uk for all the info on how to make it sim free and get rid of the Orange bloatware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I've been following this thread as everyone I know seems to have a HTC Desire and I'm having serious Smart Phone envy. Had a look at the T&C on the Orange.co.uk site and wondering about this bit
    One of the following forms of ID: a full or provisional UK driving licence with paper counterpart, a utility bill (e.g. a water, gas, electric, BT/cable landline telephone, Sky or council tax bill) or a statement from your credit card provider, bank or building society.

Does this mean that if I don't have anything to prove that I'm a resident in the UK/NI I can't drive up North and get this phone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Given their apparent availability everywhere, it's strange why Amazon are taking so long to despatch.

Fantastic news! My friend living in the UK did tell me to hold off buying one from Amazon because he reckoned he could get it for circa £70-80 from Orange.

Apparently you can get cash back (£12) on buying this phone through Quidco or Topcashback. I had a look at the topcashback and got this message
    NOTE: If you purchase through this merchant, cashback payouts can only be made by BACS.

Anyone know how this cash back system works? Does it refund to the card used? Would it need to be a UK card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

KazDub wrote: »
    Does this mean that if I don't have anything to prove that I'm a resident in the UK/NI I can't drive up North and get this phone????

There was a poster earlier in the thread who had bought one up North, so I don't think it is a problem...but if someone could confirm it would be great!

I have a friend who is looking for one too...does anyone know if there would be a problem if I headed up to Newry / Belfast and picked up 2??

All the best,

MD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I've bout 3 in total up north. 2 from Argos and 1 from an Orange store. No issues in either. And looks like I'll be buying another cause mines in pieces at the moment. Probably should stop dropping them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

I've been following this thread as everyone I know seems to have a HTC Desire and I'm having serious Smart Phone envy. Had a look at the T&C on the Orange.co.uk site and wondering about this bit

I bought one in an Orange store in the UK, didnt ask any questions. Depends on who you get tbh.

Argos dont ask for ID so they are your best bet.

• Advertisement

Ebbs wrote: »
    Argos dont ask for ID so they are your best bet.

Big jump in price though! I'll try Orange next week...cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

One of the following forms of ID: a full or provisional UK driving licence with paper counterpart, a utility bill (e.g. a water, gas, electric, BT/cable landline telephone, Sky or council tax bill) or a statement from your credit card provider, bank or building society.

I'd imagine those forms of ID are only required for a Bill pay phone,not prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

what am i missing here i have been watching the phone over the last few days,
    it was £99 with Amazon and jumped in price to £123.43 over the weekend.
    it is £99+£10 top up from Orange and £109 from argos with the £10 Orange credit included.

How are people stating the phone is available for £69 or £79.
    Did orange reduce the price for a few hours when i wasn't looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

john_doe. wrote: »

Yes ,it was reduced to £69 plus £10 top up for 1 day.

john_doe. wrote: »
    what am i missing here i have been watching the phone over the last few days,
    it was £99 with Amazon and jumped in price to £123.43 over the weekend.
    it is £99+£10 top up from Orange and £109 from argos with the £10 Orange credit included.

Just noticed that too and came here to post:mad:. The fcuking ba88ards have hiked up the price to £99 this evening.:eek::eek::eek:

just saying but its excellent value still

• Advertisement

I'll try Orange next week...cheers!

Or maybe not now...assmasters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sh1t, sh1t, sh1t, how did I miss this thread?

Thargor wrote: »
    Sh1t, sh1t, sh1t, how did I miss this thread?

Were you stuck in RRL?:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Were you stuck in RRL?:D:D:D
    Nobody in this forum will know what that means fellow Ranger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Just noticed that too and came here to post:mad:. The fcuking ba88ards have hiked up the price to £99 this evening.:eek::eek::eek:

Not surprising really... I'm amazed that Orange dropped the price in the first place, they must be getting sweet FA profit from each sale even at £100, and only a small fraction of people will actually use this phone on the Orange network due to how easy it is to unlock and root, so there's very little extra profit to be made after it's been sold...

• Advertisement
Advertisement