Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade £109.98 / €125 [Back Available at PrepayMania]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Argos Uk are doing them for £110 STL, is this still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

cubix wrote: »
    Argos Uk are doing them for £110 STL, is this still good.

Yep think I will end up getting it 110 from Orange or Argos...just a stinger seeing it at 79 for that short time! Here's hoping for more erratic sale patterns.

All the best,

MD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Just browsing orange.uk offer and must say I want them in Ireland:

2.4' 240x320 touch screen, android - £ 9.99
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/lisbon-from-orange

2.8' 240x400 touch screen, no OS as far as I see - £ 19.99
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/miami-from-orange-in-black

2.4' 240x400 touch screen, no OS as far as I see - £ 29.99
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-C3300

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/lg-cookie-lite-t300

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

zom wrote: »
    Just browsing orange.uk offer and must say I want them in Ireland:

2.4' 240x320 touch screen, android - £ 9.99
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/lisbon-from-orange

2.8' 240x400 touch screen, no OS as far as I see - £ 19.99
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/miami-from-orange-in-black

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-C3300

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/lg-cookie-lite-t300
    Add £10 onto all those prices for mandatory £10 top up.

Add £10 onto all those prices for mandatory £10 top up.

If they were here we could utilise that top-up...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

If they were here we could utilise that top-up...
    Well there is no way of ordering without minimum £10 top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Thargor wrote: »
    Sh1t, sh1t, sh1t, how did I miss this thread?

Mee too!! Ragin!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

IMHO, best bet is to get your contact order from Argos UK. Its the simplest way. With Orange you have to go through the hoops to get it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭midship

Never heard of this phone before reading this thread, I own a HTC Desire HD myself

Decided to buy one on amazon for the girlfriend but cancelled the order when I seen the temporary reduction to 70 quid, then that offer ended!

Anyway went up to Argos is Newry today and picked one up, its 109 on the Argos website but 89 in the printed catalogue, the shop honoured the printed price so it worked out at 99 including the 10 pound credit.

I have to say this is an unbelievable phone, well worth 100pounds, I had it unlocked in minutes , I should have went for one of these myself instead of forking out for a desire HD with the contract etc, totally recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Looks like amazon have stopped selling it on the site now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004R9PQRM/ref=oss_product

• Advertisement

midship wrote: »
    Never heard of this phone before reading this thread, I own a HTC Desire HD myself

Decided to buy one on amazon for the girlfriend but cancelled the order when I seen the temporary reduction to 70 quid, then that offer ended!

Anyway went up to Argos is Newry today and picked one up, its 109 on the Argos website but 89 in the printed catalogue, the shop honoured the printed price so it worked out at 99 including the 10 pound credit.

I have to say this is an unbelievable phone, well worth 100pounds, I had it unlocked in minutes , I should have went for one of these myself instead of forking out for a desire HD with the contract etc, totally recommended

The plot thickens:D. Gone from Amazon now, but during the week if you put one in your basket, delivery was 1 to 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Enjoy em when they arrive lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

I knew I should've ordered two from Amazon :(. Now here's hopping that the OH won't like it so I get to use it!

PS:
    Received an email from Amazon this morning:
    We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

"Orange San Francisco Pay As You Go Mobile Phone including £10 Airtime - Grey"
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004R9PQRM

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Stupid ****!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Same email received too and it was saying last night that it would be shipped next week! Balls. So anyone got any recomendations of where to buy it now? Any way around driving up north for it? Really not up for that.......?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

got same cancellation email this morning....what a pain in the hole.

I take it you would be hard pressed to get it at the price again.

Yea,
    Tried all the other sellers just to see and couldn't find one that'd ship to Ireland. Bugger that. Looking around the web again for something similar....

Same cancellation with me - seems like amazon is a bunch of amateurs who shouldn't do business at all. Bet that all "bargains" on their website looks like that.

AND SOME OF MY THOUGHTS - it was perfect example of internet marketing - they surely got thousands of new or "renew" visitors/customers on their website with this "deal". Good job amazon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lpp

Same email received too and it was saying last night that it would be shipped next week! Balls. So anyone got any recomendations of where to buy it now? Any way around driving up north for it? Really not up for that.......?

ebay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Damn, looks like we've all had our orders cancelled! :mad:

I wish I could get to the UK to pick one of these up :(

I guess it's back to the drawing board! :D (or ebay)

• Advertisement

ebay price starts from £145 (item+delivery) :(

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM that San Francisco is available in orange's shops in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

yep, got the same email this morning too...cocksuckers...

are argos uk really going to deliver to ireland? i can't see that happening to be honest. had a gawk at the htc wildfire this morning...not even close to being as good as this phone and still twice the price. thought i finally ended my search for a cheap and good android phone...back to the drawing board i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

Balls anyway!

m.j.w wrote: »

Note that if you order from Orange you will need the following if you arrange to collect from an Orange shop:

"A copy of your confirmation email.
    The debit or credit card you used to pay with.
    ID (UK driving licence with paper counterpart, utility bill, bank or credit card statement)."

If you get it delivered(to UK address only) the following applies:

"Your address must match the billing address where the card you're paying with is registered. This will help you pass the credit check and stay secure online."

To me, Argos seems best bet. I have reserved in Argos, Liverpool & will know from my contact later if I have got it.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

You can just go into a orange shop give them the money and walk out with phone?!? No need to buy online and collect or any nonsense like that.

Its just a PAYG phone. No documents needed.

• Advertisement

No Orange shops in the Republic. Anything else involves travel if you go. Nearest in the North is in Buttercane Shopping Centre in Newry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

So disappointed!:(

This is the kind of service you expect from Littlewoods,not amazon.

I remember reading a few months ago the tesco boards rep saying they were looking into stocking it as a low price android. I suppose those of us who aren't up for a trip to NI will have to wait.

Edit: tried buying online at orange using a UK address and failed! It gave me a number to ring,which I did, and I spoke to a guy who said he'd had several people on this morning trying to buy this phone and encountering the same problem. Obviously no one,including myself,explained they were actually in Ireland so he was very bemused.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭roashter

got cancelled as well
    balls

Wonder how often amazon do things like that? Very unprofessional.

No Orange shops in the Republic. Anything else involves travel if you go. Nearest in the North is in Buttercane Shopping Centre in Newry.

Ye I know. Its just people have been going on about the documents you need for orange. I think you might need it if you reserve online.

• Advertisement

Boom! Brother in law lives in UK; might drop hime a line and see if he can get it for me in UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Same cancellation with me - seems like amazon is a bunch of amateurs who shouldn't do business at all. Bet that all "bargains" on their website looks like that.

It's hardly their fault if Orange can't meet stock expectations for this device... If you want to blame anybody here, blame Orange!
    It wasn't exactly a "bargain" on Amazon's part either, it was pretty much the same price that the phone has been available at since the end of last year! Got mine 6 weeks ago for £100

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whore

you can still buy them on the amazon except the price is now 157 pounds, it's not a case that they don't have stock, they just realized the could get more money for it.

whore wrote: »
    you can still buy them on the amazon except the price is now 157 pounds, it's not a case that they don't have stock, they just realized the could get more money for it.
    Those other prices you see on Amazon are not being sold by Amazon. Amazon sells direct but also has lots of other shops and dealers going through their site.
    Amazon were selling it (direct) for £100, and you can buy it in an Orange shop for 100. The bargain was that it was shipped free really. I went for it too and got the email this morning. the other prices are being sold by different companies; not Amazon, but through their payment/website.
    Naturally I have no affiliation with Amazon but I do think they are excellent at what they do and have to say I use them for lots of stuff and never have any trouble .... til now.

After reading the email from Amazon in the morning, I thought that I'll cancel the order for the memory card (which was supposed to be used on the phone) later today. 5 minutes ago, to my big surprise I see the memory card already dispatched ON A SUNDAY! I tried to cancel the order, but as it's already dispatched, I can't do it now. Going through the return process on Amazon site, it turns out I have the pay for the return of the card and be deducted £7 for my error. Now, that's a service!!! I'll have to send them an email explaining the situation.

All this kinda put me off of ordering anymore from Amazon, awfull service from their part this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I ordered a 16gb card with the phone too. Damn, might aswell just keep it!

What a muck up !

It's not that I don't have any use for it, but it's their attitude that bothers me. OK, you can't send the phone for various resons, but at least give me the opportunity to review my order, especially as it was marked as a lot and not send it on a Sunday. This is the first time they deliver something on a Sunday, it seems very strange to me.

They send stuff on Sunday loads of the time and its all automated so its not like its on purpose. A quick email should get postage paid for aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

m4r10 wrote: »
    After reading the email from Amazon in the morning, I thought that I'll cancel the order for the memory card (which was supposed to be used on the phone) later today. 5 minutes ago, to my big surprise I see the memory card already dispatched ON A SUNDAY! I tried to cancel the order, but as it's already dispatched, I can't do it now. Going through the return process on Amazon site, it turns out I have the pay for the return of the card and be deducted £7 for my error. Now, that's a service!!! I'll have to send them an email explaining the situation.

All this kinda put me off of ordering anymore from Amazon, awfull service from their part this time.

The memory card could be for anything, they're not to know. Just talk nice to them, I've always found Amazon customer care very accommodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Very suprised to hear amazon done this ,they've never done it before.

They're one of the best places to buy online ,wish all sites were the same:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

This is the first time they deliver something on a Sunday, it seems very strange to me.

Of the last few orders I made on amazon ,sunday evening was the shipping time. They work 24/7 in that place ,orders go out when they're ready.

bmaxi wrote: »
    The memory card could be for anything, they're not to know. Just talk nice to them, I've always found Amazon customer care very accommodating.

I'm well aware that the memory card could be used for something else as far as they're concerned, but if they took the time to cancel the order for the phone, they could've just give me the chance to confirm that I still want it or not.

I never had problems with them in the past either, but it's just frustrating ending up with a card for a phone that's no longer coming up.

I'm well aware that the memory card could be used for something else as far as they're concerned, but if they took the time to cancel the order for the phone, they could've just give me the chance to confirm that I still want it or not.

I never had problems with them in the past either, but it's just frustrating ending up with a card for a phone that's no longer coming up.

We're talking about a highly automated computerised process, not individual orders. There would not necessarily be any association between one item on an order and another and I doubt if humans had much part in it. Looking at it from another angle, if you had wanted the card for a camera and they hadn't sent it, you might be pissed about that.
    I know you're frustrated but the human element is only peripheral at Amazon.

bmaxi wrote: »
    I know you're frustrated but the human element is only peripheral at Amazon.

You mean that all businesses between amazon and orange were arranged by computers? That all "bargains" are invented by computers? Sale strategy, marketing, supply chains, price strategy too?

And - YES, I am frustrated. I am hunting SanFrancisco for months. Was so happy when I got it from so RELIABLE retailer as amazon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 niall_f

damn, i was going to buy this one and 99 pounds is real bargain : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Just to give you the latest prices on these:

Went to Orange Shop in Newry and the phone was £99, but they had a minimum top-up of £20. They wouldn't budge on this, even though it is £10 top up online they said that is the latest price they have any that is that. So phone comes to £120, or €133.

Argos likewise are £109 with a forced top up of £10. There is £10 included in the Argos package, but you are forced to buy another £10. I couldn't get the staff or manager in the Lisburn store to match their price in the catalogue (£89 plus extra for top up). They said it was an error in the catalogue and that they were informing potential customers at point of sale that their online pricing took priority etc.

So both Orange shop and Argos sell it for €133 (inc £20 credit).

You mean that all businesses between amazon and orange were arranged by computers? That all "bargains" are invented by computers? Sale strategy, marketing, supply chains, price strategy too?

And - YES, I am frustrated. I am hunting SanFrancisco for months. Was so happy when I got it from so RELIABLE retailer as amazon....

I'm talking about order processing, not sales and marketing.

Just to give you the latest prices on these:

Went to Orange Shop in Newry and the phone was £99, but they had a minimum top-up of £20. They wouldn't budge on this, even though it is £10 top up online they said that is the latest price they have any that is that. So phone comes to £120, or €133.

Argos likewise are £109 with a forced top up of £10. There is £10 included in the Argos package, but you are forced to buy another £10. I couldn't get the staff or manager in the Lisburn store to match their price in the catalogue (£89 plus extra for top up). They said it was an error in the catalogue and that they were informing potential customers at point of sale that their online pricing took priority etc.

So both Orange shop and Argos sell it for €133 (inc £20 credit).

My contact in Liverpool had the exact same issue with Argos there. Eventually walked out in disgust at the treatment by the manager, & his OH got the phone at another Argos branch at the £120 price. Still its far better to pay that amount rather than the rip-off prices demanded here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Mine's gone on adverts, just picked up the free iphone from 3 :D

http://www.adverts.ie/590808

• Advertisement

Mine's gone on adverts, just picked up the free iphone from 3 :D

http://www.adverts.ie/590808

DA**! This one is EXPIRED too!:(

Advertisement