Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade £109.98 / €125 [Back Available at PrepayMania]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I had a bit of luck and managed to buy this phone for £86 from Orange sales line to have delivered to an address in the UK.

I rang my credit card company and explained that I wanted to buy something from Orange.co.uk but that they wouldn't let me because my card wasn't regged to an address in the UK. The guy I spoke to said it was no problem as he could change the primary address on my card for a couple of days there and then. I changed it to the address i wanted the phone delivered too.I rang orange an hour or two later and ordered the phone to that address. They gave it to me on the phoneline at £86 Inc delivery despite it being £99 +top up on the website.I just checked and it's arrived today so am having it sent on now. Happy days.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭aliocroc

Whimsical, I like you're conspiring ways!!! Nice work! Now, which of my UK friends do I nail for the forwarding?? Hmmmmm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

It's good to be British. It's good to be German...

zom wrote: »
    It's good to be British. It's good to be German...

Sooo, you're buying an Orange San Francisco and a...BMW? :-? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

alioroc wrote: »
    Sooo, you're buying an Orange San Francisco and a...BMW? :-? :D
    ah ya see, the Blade is in germany too :D

• Advertisement

ah ya see, the Blade is in germany too :D

Ah-ha! Alle ist clarres! :o Though, maybe Zom in buying a BMW and a ZDE! No recession in Zoms house! :D:D

aliocroc wrote: »
    Ah-ha! Alle ist clarres! :o Though, maybe Zom in buying a BMW and a ZDE! No recession in Zoms house! :D:D

zare iz a recession? ?? vot recession?

zare iz a recession? ?? vot recession?

Ja, fur sure! Die Weld haben kliene cash-ola und alles is balloxed! :D

I had a bit of luck and managed to buy this phone for £86 from Orange sales line to have delivered to an address in the UK.

I rang my credit card company and explained that I wanted to buy something from Orange.co.uk but that they wouldn't let me because my card wasn't regged to an address in the UK. The guy I spoke to said it was no problem as he could change the primary address on my card for a couple of days there and then. I changed it to the address i wanted the phone delivered too.I rang orange an hour or two later and ordered the phone to that address. They gave it to me on the phoneline at £86 Inc delivery despite it being £99 +top up on the website.I just checked and it's arrived today so am having it sent on now. Happy days.:)

tried to buy it through orange by changing my aib cc address to friend's in NI but the payment wouldn't go through - must be able to detect that it's an ROI card even though address was NI... what card worked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Mine came in yesterday for friend in UK. Used this site for unlock, etc http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/ and I have to say Bargain!
    I thought the camera would be rubbish based on reviews ihad read but it beats the hell out of my iPhone 3g. Speed, screen, etc are great and no contracts to be worrying about. Cya Apple
    Great buy, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Just put one up on Adverts if anyones interested
    http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/orange-san-fransisco-zte-blade/608340

btw - got a friend to buy this in Belfast - total price was £99.99 - that was including a £20 top-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Glasso,
    Whereabouts in Belfast? Might try to get my hands on one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I would say, make sure you get it in the black/grey. I stupidly picked the white and its a little girly. However gave it to the OH and got the black one sent over from UK by friend for me; paid 120 though.
    Have to say, I love it! Iphone is rubbish in comparison, and I had one for the last 3 years....

I have the white one and a lot of my friends compliment it (till they see SAN FRANCISCO :o) so I would not say that

I think it looks decent myself

However its all personal preference

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Glasso,
    Whereabouts in Belfast? Might try to get my hands on one!

don't know which one exactly - there are a number of orange shops very near to each other - use store locator / google maps. this was 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Delivery to EU!

But for the life of me I can't select Ireland as my address and can't get my credit card to be approved!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just read FAQ............

Delivery outside the UK / No VAT

We only deliver within the UK and are unable to zero rate the VAT on any purchases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Guys,

I can confirm 100% that Prepaymania ship to Ireland, despite what their FAQ says.

I've been liasing with some of their team for HUKD.ie, and they're in the processing of updating their FAQ.

They will deliver here - pay via Paypal and you'll be fine.

I bought a HTC Desire case from them last year.

• Advertisement

Good lad...

It does give me the option to select EU, will do paypal instead..

Bingo...

€135.97 EUR shipped to Ireland, hope the order goes through ok...:cool:

Bingo...

€135.97 EUR shipped to Ireland, hope the order goes through ok...:cool:
    I got an item shipped free last year using Paypal.. how much was shipping costs on it?

EDIT: Tried a test purchase via Paypal.. free shipping:

Picture_2_9.jpg

Used this last year to buy a HTC Desire case and got here no problem!

Phone £83.32 + Credit £10.00
    EU DELIVERY £7.95
    VAT £18.25
    Total Amount £119.52

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

thanks guys just bought there now

neonitrix

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What version of Android does it run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

It runs some crappy branded 2.1.

But this is one of the most hackable phones ever. You can unlock it for free, there are LOADS of roms for it. Cyanogenmod being one of the most popular.

There's also a leaked gingerbread rom made by zte the manufacturers, and the phone is really much snappier with it. My own san francisco is running 2.3.4.

I got mine second hand from ebay a few months ago for about 90 euro delivered. I can see why lots of people would want to buy it brand new though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Support Team Cancelled My Order

Quote [Hi, Apologies, we are unable to ship handsets outside of the UK.]

am being refunded back to Paypal so prob have lost a few bob in the process. not good.

• Advertisement

neonitrix wrote: »
    Support Team Cancelled My Order

Quote [Hi, Apologies, we are unable to ship handsets outside of the UK.]

am being refunded back to Paypal so prob have lost a few bob in the process. not good.
    I'll pop an e-mail to the director and try and get some clarification on why they offer EU delivery yet can't deliver outside the UK.

Basq wrote: »
    I'll pop an e-mail to the director and try and get some clarification on why they offer EU delivery yet can't deliver outside the UK.

Thanks Basq, I was going to Pm you on it as it goes against your dealings with them. not sure now after all the messing tbh and it kinda depends how much i loose to this order currency converion wish between paying and now refunding.

as am now a poor student - imagine me a student whats the world coming to

tks

Neonitrix

Other people besides me have ordered and got items from them in the past - see here and here.

The only thing I can think of is the phone is locked to a UK network (Orange) - so it might go against their policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Guys,

I can confirm 100% that Prepaymania ship to Ireland, despite what their FAQ says.

I've been liasing with some of their team for HUKD.ie, and they're in the processing of updating their FAQ.

They will deliver here - pay via Paypal and you'll be fine.

I bought a HTC Desire case from them last year.

Yep, got stuff from them last week, not a handset mind you, found them one of the best internet suppliers I've dealt with.

The only thing I can think of is the phone is locked to a UK network (Orange) - so it might go against their policy.
    Yeah, I was right.

The director got back to me and said..
    No worries I can clear this up for you.

We ship all products except Pay as you Go Phones to the whole of the EU

The reason being of course as Pay as You go handsets are heavily subsidised by the English Network and therefore they would not be to happy if they saw a product that they subsidised going into the EU onto a network where they would not get the revenue stream from it.

Hope that makes sense

We will have info (If not already on all Pay as you go Listings) that this product is for UK only

Hope this clears the problem up..

So that clears that up!

looks like im destined never to own a andriod phone lol thanks Basq

neonitrix

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

neonitrix wrote: »
    looks like im destined never to own a andriod phone lol thanks Basq

neonitrix
    Try vodafone.

Same here just got full refund...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yeah crap ordered this this morning and got the same message and refund :\
    Damn.

Looks like Im stuck on my old N82 for another while.

Advertisement