Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 €295 Delivered @ SaveonLaptops

Options
  • 24-04-2011 4:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Use Code THINKPAD

d0ac0_thinkpad-sl510-lenovo.jpg

Seems an alright deal for a budget laptop with some nice extras like HDMI, bluetooth and 7 in 1 card reader?

Processor Intel® Pentium® Dual Core (T4500, 2.3Ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 1MB L2 cache )
    Screen 15.6" (1366x768 Resolution, Anti-Glare Screen)
    Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit
    RAM 2GB
    Hard Drive 320GB
    Optical Drive DVD Rewriter (Records DVDs 8x & CDs 24x & Dual Layer Super Multi)
    Graphics Integrated (Intel® GMA X4500 3D Graphics with up to 384MB Shared Memory)
    Wireless LAN Wireless (802.11b/g/n Wireless)
    Network Card 10/100/1000 Gigabit Fast Ethernet
    Integrated Webcam Integrated Webcam with Microphone
    Card Reader 7-in-1 (SD / MMC / Memory Stick / Memory Stick Pro / Memory Stick Duo / Smart Media / xD-Picture card)
    USB Ports 4x USB 2.0 Ports
    Bluetooth Version 2.0
    Speakers Integrated Stereo Speakers
    VGA Port 1 External VGA Port
    Kensington Lock Kensington lock slot
    Charge Time 2.5 Hours
    ExpressCard 1x Expresscard Slot
    HDMI 1x HDMI Port
    Warranty 12 Months Warranty - Direct with Lenovo
    Battery Life 2-3 Hours (up to 3 hours with power management)
    Weight 2-3 Kg (This Model 2.95 Kg)

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_ThinkPad_SL510_1034193.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Just saw that the offer ends tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

not bad but 1 year warranty is a deal breaker for me (i know that you can get warranty extension, but http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_UL30A-QX328V_1068303.html is cheaper then and much nicer)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Good deal for a cheap upgradable laptop. Thinkpads rarely break or fail also in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

m4rkiz wrote: »
    not bad but 1 year warranty is a deal breaker for me (i know that you can get warranty extension, but http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUS_UL30A-QX328V_1068303.html is cheaper then and much nicer)

Under EU law it's 2 years (excluding batteries)

god's toy wrote: »
    Under EU law it's 2 years (excluding batteries)
    Really?? Where did you see that? Never knew that :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

For an extra GBP£10 you can get 3gb instead of 2gb ram, might be worth the extra few quid

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_ThinkPad_SL510_1079081.html

And do they actually deliver to Ireland? I Can only select UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭g_moriarty

god's toy wrote: »
    The seller is liable to the consumer for any lack of conformity which exists when the goods are delivered to the consumer and which arises within a period of two years from delivery. However, the lack of conformity cannot be accepted if, at the moment of conclusion of the contract of sale, the consumer knew or could not reasonably have been unaware of the lack of conformity.
    If the goods are not in conformity with the public statements made by the seller, the producer or their representative, the seller will not be liable if they show that:
    • they did not know and could not reasonably know the statement in question;
    • they corrected the statement at the time of sale;
    • the decision to buy the goods could not have been influenced by the statement.

I think that can be interpreted as the product being defective the time of being shipped rather than something going wrong during the 2 years.

g_moriarty wrote: »
    For an extra GBP£10 you can get 3gb instead of 2gb ram, might be worth the extra few quid

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_ThinkPad_SL510_1079081.html

And do they actually deliver to Ireland? I Can only select UK
    The £ 20 off code doesn't work for that model strangely. Going by HUKD, the 2gb comes in one stick, so another 2gb stick would be cheap to buy.

• Advertisement

m4rkiz wrote: »
    Much nicer in what way? The thinkpad is perfect for a student or business man who wants a decent spec laptop for cheap and a reliable brand. Its processor is far better than the asus also, but obviously the battery life is about half that of the ASUS. Its £100 cheaper though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Digitalism wrote: »
    The £ 20 off code doesn't work for that model strangely. Going by HUKD, the 2gb comes in one stick, so another 2gb stick would be cheap to buy.

Did you apply the code in capitals?

Yes, it does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Anyone manage to setup an account that will ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Hi
    After a lot of trying I managed to set up an account- use the discount code and order the laptop last night. It charged 9.95 GBP for delivery- so thanks to Digitalism for the bargain alert- :cool: Total cost GBP 263.84 which worked out approx 299 euro when converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

cubix wrote: »
    Anyone manage to setup an account that will ship to Ireland?

you need to choose "£9.95 - Upto 4 Days (NON UK MAINLAND Mon - Fri)" as delivery type and use ireland as postcode

Had my laptop for 4 years and this weekend the screen breaks, the tab key is no longer there and I am only getting about 15mins battery life so thanks for posting this up!

Advertisement