Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

token101 wrote: »
    He's not bad at interviewing but the podcasts are painfully amateur, especially for a guy who keeps plugging for subscribers. The editing and sound levels are beyond awful at times. I wouldn't pay for it.

Steve Austin's one is quite good, if you can stick him plugging stamps and steroids for an eternity.

There's a fast-forward option on Steve Austin's show, which I've spent a lot of time utilizing.

The Keller/Powell podcasts lean so much toward cringe-country, with the constant slew of fan call-ins that almost consist entirely of guys who just wanna hear their voices back. On note of the shilling, the plugs tend to get every bit as carny as the business they're lambasting for the very fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

AOW with Scotty 2 Hotty was pretty good,such a sound lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    On note of the shilling, the plugs tend to get every bit as carny as the business they're lambasting for the very fact.

What's even funnier is that once you subscribe you get like 7 minutes of plugs for the stuff on the site that you will never read/listen at the start of Wade's podcasts.

Thank god the app on my phone can advance 30 secs or 2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I know some people get upset about it, but sound quality doesn't really bother me when it comes to audio. The quicker the download the better for me. Music, on the other hand.. Different story.

Like Rovert, I use RSSRadio or Downcast so just skip anything I don't want to listen to. Pretty much all wrestling podcasts have ads I don't want to listen to.

Agree about the callers though, they're all terrible. Have never heard a wrestling related show where the callers weren't idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Yeah they are all terrible,same with the twats who send in video questions on youshoot.

• Advertisement

Yeah they are all terrible,same with the twats who send in video questions on youshoot.

Again on the premium side of the site they often get slated by Wade and Bruce. Wade routinely begs for actual subscribers to call in to the Livecast and drown out the regulars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Is there an android app where i can listen to podcasts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

rovert wrote: »
    Again on the premium side of the site they often get slated by Wade and Bruce. Wade routinely begs for actual subscribers to call in to the Livecast and drown out the regulars.
    The last few times I listened to the free episodes Wade seemed to be pretty openly insulting the regular callers, who didn't seem to notice at all.

Boris from Chicago
    Sergeant Kevin Robinson (works in the post office??)
    Kylin from North New Jersey
    Andrew from Iowa
    Chris from New York

:o

Morons.

Sergeant Kevin Robinson (works in the post office??)

Sad part is is that he has NO military background. What's even worse Wade has had zillions of unknowing guests mainly wrestlers on who have all types experience with service members from friends and families serving, visiting hospitals and military bases etc who invariably thank Kevin for his service....

Kylin isn't that bad to me. He has shortened up his calls and asks decent questions.

• Advertisement

Sad part is is that he has NO military background. What's even worse Wade has had zillions of unknowing guests mainly wrestlers on who have all types experience with service members from friends and families serving, visiting hospitals and military bases etc who invariably thank Kevin for his service....

Kylin isn't that bad to me. He has shortened up his calls and asks decent questions.

Yes, I remember Dixie Carter thanking him for his military service.. Wade informed her that he works at the post office (crash, bang, whallop) Haha

Kylin just tries too hard.. His speculative questions from bizarre wrestling website wreck my head!!

Been listening to Colt Cabana again recently, some great shows.

TIMELINE: History of WCW 2000 with Vince Russo is this week's mystery review on Review A Wai BUT all the big heads from our international HQ are in the building all day so I can't listen to podcasts. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

There was a scarily high chance that I'd've watched that Russo timeline, hopefully the podcast quenches whatever crazy thirst I had for Russo there. I see it's three hours long?

Is yer man, the Sergeant guy, actually named Sergeant or is that a name he gave himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did anybody listen to the Colt Cabana interview with Grado? He has gained a fan here, in all honesty probably the funniest and most down to earth interview I have heard. Looking forward to seeing some of his stuff online, even considering he says himself he is awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

TIMELINE: History of WCW 2000 with Vince Russo is this week's mystery review on Review A Wai BUT all the big heads from our international HQ are in the building all day so I can't listen to podcasts. :(

Downloading that now.
    Are the JAW G1 Climax review shows worth downloading, kinda enjoy the show. Then again it could be because the host sounds EXACTLY like Magnus.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Don't bother listening to Sunny on the AOW this morning.

Colt: It's a life podcast, a personal journal, an entry in the hearts, the souls, the lives, the minds...

Sunny: Oh my god, I'm amazing. I did something once and I did it amazing. Of course. Oh I'm amazing at something? Whatever. I'm amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Ok... now she literally just told a story about doing something well and getting an actual medal for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Don't bother listening to Sunny on the AOW this morning.

Colt: It's a life podcast, a personal journal, an entry in the hearts, the souls, the lives, the minds...

Sunny: Oh my god, I'm amazing. I did something once and I did it amazing. Of course. Oh I'm amazing at something? Whatever. I'm amazing.

I'd listen to it if that line in the quote is Sunny singing "Amazing" by Kanye West.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I've an odd question. What other wrestling podcasts have the audio quality (as in high fidelity) as Bryan & Vinny? I mean people who don't record themselves over the phone or Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Review A Wai is the first that comes to mind.

• Advertisement

None that I'm aware of outside the norm and I think I've heard most at one time or another..

Review a Wai was great again this week - highly recommend all 3 hours.

uwwedoogie - exactly what I was thinking right before I switched it off. About 15 mins in! Insufferable.

I enjoyed Austin's interview with The King - the stuff about Dolph's elbows being a possible cause of his sudden cardiac arrest was interesting. Had heard him mention it before, but didn't know the full story.

Wish to God he would stop asking that guy Mo's opinion.. Complete jabroni!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Started listening to MLW last week. Pretty good and great there are no ads. This weeks show with Jason Powell of prowrestling.net is enjoyable. They really tear TNA to shreds throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Finally listened to Scott Hall on Wade Keller's show - brilliant.

gimmick wrote: »
    This weeks show with Jason Powell of prowrestling.net is enjoyable. They really tear TNA to shreds throughout.

The week after the best Impact in a LONG time, his P.O.V is about as respected by me as Eamon Dunphy is being a La Liga Expert.

GTR63 wrote: »
    The week after the best Impact in a LONG time, his P.O.V is about as respected by me as Eamon Dunphy is being a La Liga Expert.

This show was most likely recorded before that, no? Not even saying the Dunphy thing is wrong btw.

This show was most likely recorded before that, no? Not even saying the Dunphy thing is wrong btw.
    He said this weeks show so I assume it was recorded somewhat recently & not like Wrestletalk where they recoerd a few shows in 1 lump.

Tremendous news. Austin gave his cohost the Stone Cold Stunner:

24qlno8.jpg

No mo forced banter.

Tremendous news. Austin gave his cohost the Stone Cold Stunner:

24qlno8.jpg

No mo forced banter.

The new guy on Thursday's show was 50 times more natural when interacting with Austin. Pity about the hillbilly guests though! He should stick to wrestling, he's rubbish at interacting with anybody else.

At 1hr 05min 45sec mark of the Lawler Part 2 podcast both make comments about bombing Syria that Steve asked Mo to edit out due to timeliness issues but Mo failed to do so.

• Advertisement

At 1hr 05min 45sec mark of the Lawler Part 2 podcast both make comments about bombing Syria that Steve asked Mo to edit out due to timeliness issues but Mo failed to do so.

Just listened to it. Is that why he was fired or are you just putting two and two together? Was expecting Austin to say something he didn't want aired.

I assumed it was because he was a tremendous bore!

Advertisement