Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

rovert wrote: »
    At 1hr 05min 45sec mark of the Lawler Part 2 podcast both make comments about bombing Syria that Steve asked Mo to edit out due to timeliness issues but Mo failed to do so.

IIRC he also asked Mo to leave out a bit that Steve made a bags of (tripped over his words, he asked tha bit to be cut and then went straight on to say what he wanted to) in one of the Ric podcasts but Mo never edited it out.

There were two bad things about Steve's podcast, the first was where he would let ordinary fans call in (they were utter losers - painfully so, it was hard to listen to) and the second was Mo, he just didn't fit, and doesn't seem to have been doing his job properly either. Thankfully both problems seem to have been sorted :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Brand Spilt

If you listen to the Steve Austin podcast via the podcast feed then that podcast feed has been rebranded as "The Steve Austin Show Unleashed." You will need to subscribe to a separate "The Steve Austin Show" feed for the Jim Ross interview.

"The Steve Austin Show" airs Tuesday and is PG.

"The Steve Austin Show Unleashed" airs Thursday and is uncensored.

They will be two unique shows.

Must say not impressed with Steve Austin Unleashed. Too self consciously the bawdy talk hour. The single feed/Mo era was a lot more organic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Do ye like austins podcasts. The unleased show is great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Decobuzz

MLW by far. They've just launched MLWVIP. For €11 a YEAR!! you get loads more exclusive podcasts with Konnan, MSL and former WWE writer Court Beaur. It's great value. I fully recommend their two part interview with Jim Cornette. Some great stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Is the AOW with Scott Hall any use?

Is the AOW with Scott Hall any use?

Very much so as is X-Pac's Part 2 with Steve Austin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Austins commercials drive me mad

"your flagpole will be at full salute at the site of a pair of t*ts" does he have to say it every f*cking week?

X-Pac on the Austin show is great, but tough to listen to.
    (Especially the part about his suicide attempt after hitting Ryan Shamrock in front of her young son)

Cabana's interview with good fun,it's amazing how detailed some of his memories still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Haven't listened to the xpac one yet, but Scott hall with colt is well worth it. Nice to see he can take the mick out of himself in regards the Kliq burying folks

• Advertisement

This weeks AOW with George South is brilliant.

Austin lost his interview with William Regal:
    https://twitter.com/steveaustinBSR/status/392364555566735360

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Really enjoying the attitude era podcasts. Anyone any recommendations on podcasts similar to Stone Colds? Like interviewing famous wrestlers not just run of the mill journey men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MLW is unlistenable to lately. I am no fan of TNA, but my god, they are obsessed with it. It seems to be endless bitching about TNA. We get it, you do not like it, change the fecking topic, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gimmick wrote: »
    MLW is unlistenable to lately. I am no fan of TNA, but my god, they are obsessed with it. It seems to be endless bitching about TNA. We get it, you do not like it, change the fecking topic, please.

Find that with a lot of media. If you spend that much time bitching at least spend a bit of time suggesting what they should be doing.

Seems like I am the only person on here who listens to the Attitude Era podcast but the latest episode covers Wrestlemania 15:
    https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/wrestlemania-15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Seems like I am the only person on here who listens to the Attitude Era podcast but the latest episode covers Wrestlemania 15:

Listened to my first episode during the week. The Rage Party.
    Was nearly in tears imagining Vince giving out to Kane. "LOOSEN UP DAMMIT ITS A RAGE PARTY".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Listened to my first episode during the week. The Rage Party.
    Was nearly in tears imaging Vince giving out to Kane. "LOOSEN UP DAMMIT ITS A RAGE PARTY".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Nope listen to it myself very entertaining for me cause I watched most of these shows endlessly when I was a kid.

So it shouldn't be a surprise to find out XV was a poorly conceived show.

Just got posted, The topic and guests peaked my interest:
    http://bit.ly/17VbCta

Good Will Wrestling

Will (Goodhelmet) is joined by Chris Harrington (mookieghana, http://www.indeedwrestling.com), David Bixenspan (wtfbix, bleacherreport.com), Keith Harris (kjh, cagesideseats.com) and his buddy Kris Zellner (KrisZ) to discuss the upcoming WWE Network. The panel looks back on WWE’s history of television deals, the obstacles and advantages a new network would create, and we come up with some possible programming ideas. An insightful and fun two hours!!

A blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Apart from the Austin Podcast, what other Podcasts would people recommend. Just looking for something which has news in it, and old stories of wreslters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Apart from the Austin Podcast, what other Podcasts would people recommend. Just looking for something which has news in it, and old stories of wreslters.

Art of Wrestling.

bigron2109 wrote: »

If you go back a few pages you will get the same ones mentioned over and over:

Review a Wai/Review a Raw
    Art of Wrestling
    Steve Austin (although increasingly so if it isn't an interview with a wrestler I instantly delete)

There's zillions others but those three are a really good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

If you go back a few pages you will get the same ones mentioned over and over:

Review a Wai/Review a Raw
    Art of Wrestling
    Steve Austin (although increasingly so if it isn't an interview with a wrestler I instantly delete)

There's zillions others but those three are a really good starting point.
    I fnd the interview calls over the phone are hard to listen too.

Some upcoming podcast announcements:

Lance Storm said he is taping an Art of Wrestling tomorrow

Wade Keller and Steve Austin are exchanging podcasts. Steve Austin on the PWTorch Livecast and Wade on the Austin Unleashed one both this week

CM Punk will be on WTF with Marc Maron on Monday:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

CM Punk will be on WTF with Marc Maron on Monday:

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Tried WrestleTalk TV again. Oh man, Joel is so grating and desperate to keep your attention. I don't know what you can do with just 21 minutes of air-time but surely interviewing nobodies for 1/3 of it can't be what's best. It sounds mostly spontaneous which means they have very little points to make and ideas to float, so there's tons of padding. The pace, making vague references from anything from attitude era to this week on RAW to indy shows in seconds, it's a wash. I am glad that talking wrestling is on a TV station, that's a big feat in itself. I just don't know how any wrestling fan could be interested in watching what they produce.

Ideas on fixing the show :
    - Slow the pace and stop being so desperate. Cut out the off-the-cuff jokes/impressions, they don't land...Not even to cohosts laugh.
    - Kill the interviews with nobodies. Nobody knows who they are (i.e. nobody cares) and 7 minutes isn't enough time to change that.
    - Every week, pick 5-7 topics to talk about (from the news, the weekly shows etc), everyone gets 1 minute to get their thoughts about it across. Have everyone pre-script 2-3 points to make on each topic.
    - Once a month review the most recent WWE PPV. 1m Introductions, 10m on the undercard, 10m on the top 2 matches.
    - If you can't make 5 topics then review an old PPV or recent WWE DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Yeah it's no bagpipe report anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Tried WrestleTalk TV again. Oh man, Joel is so grating and desperate to keep your attention. I don't know what you can do with just 21 minutes of air-time but surely interviewing nobodies for 1/3 of it can't be what's best. It sounds mostly spontaneous which means they have very little points to make and ideas to float, so there's tons of padding. The pace, making vague references from anything from attitude era to this week on RAW to indy shows in seconds, it's a wash. I am glad that talking wrestling is on a TV station, that's a big feat in itself. I just don't know how any wrestling fan could be interested in watching what they produce.

Last night was one of the better ones then(Cassandro would of made a good interview had they not done it in such a lazy manner). The whole things that annoy section you was dumb aswell, I hate keyboard warriors said the guy with the beard as people were delivering tweets about Paige being held back among other frivolous subjects. Oh dear :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Punk always comes off well but Marc Maron is very annoying.

Advertisement