Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Everyone is getting one these days...

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/402538389129678848
    @IAmJericho:

Excited to announce the debut of my podcast #TalkIsJericho this Thursday on http://podcastone.com featuring my guest @steveaustinBSR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Jerichos might be cool, he may be able to get some decent musicians on and know what to say (Austin fell down here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It is all going down.

OSWReview are back! Their new episode will be out on the 29th.

And bigger news: AEPodcast, from this point, will be a video podcast! So OSWReview will no longer win the video wrestling podcast wars by default of being the only one.

rovert wrote: »
    It is all going down.

OSWReview are back! Their new episode will be out on the 29th.

And bigger news: AEPodcast, from this point, will be a video podcast! So OSWReview will no longer win the video wrestling podcast wars by default of being the only one.

Swear to god, I was gonna throw together the Rage Party AEPodcast as a video podcast during the week to see if it would work for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Maybe it's just because of Colt, but I feel that wrestler podcasts should be for the little guys, e.g. ex-Creative, who could really use a bigger audience. The higher up on the totem pole or the more connected they are with a company, the more they have to lose, so the less I can really trust what they say. Like Jericho chose his words VERY carefully in his books ("and then Triple H and Chyna looked at me. Moving on...") and wouldn't risk saying anything that might put insecure Trips in a bad mood. Agreed Tramps like us, the potential for Jericho's wide-range of guests could be a lot of fun. Or he could just indirectly insult your masculinity while shilling you an energy drink every podcast :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Maybe he can do the Jeritroll gimmick that everyone said was going to be great but in the end it wasn`t even good

This might a bubble-burster, but it's Attitude Era Review moving to vodcasts, not Attitude Era Podcast (Unless Kevin & the lads are also doing video). They're actually two separate Attitude Era podcasts that started within a week or so of each other. I know, right?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This might a bubble-burster, but it's Attitude Era Review moving to vodcasts, not Attitude Era Podcast (Unless Kevin & the lads are also doing video). They're actually two separate Attitude Era podcasts that started within a week or so of each other. I know, right?

6UqA5L.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Which episode of Raw is that Undertaker gif from? NEED to watch that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Think that it's the first Smackdown /RAW draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like how Spike Dudley disappears from the left side of the door after Takers tantrum.

Dave Meltzer just announced that he will be on Steve Austin's podcast.

Enshrining the idea that the only way to get Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame is voting in Wade Keller first.

Meltzer & Austin's actual relationship is somewhat of a mystery to me despite both being very close friends with Brian Pillman.

Thought the Wade Keller episode was the best Wade has ever been on a singular podcast.

Have to track back on my Mastercard/Paypal records back I would guess I have been a Torch subscriber since 2006/7/

Strongest recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Thought the Wade Keller episode was the best Wade has ever been on a singular podcast.

Have to track back on my Mastercard/Paypal records back I would guess I have been a Torch subscriber since 2006/7/

Strongest recommendation.

Probably my favourite podcast Austin has done in a while. Im a fan of Keller and he's such a pro when it comes to Audio. I've turned off some of Austins podcasts the past few weeks but I wanted another hour of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I think Keller's a really good host and interviewer, also generally like hearing his opinions on stuff, but the technical side of the PWTorch audio is usually pretty poor and those daily episodes are torturous to listen to a lot of the time. Never hear any especially interesting news coming directly from them either.

Cool, I'll have to listen to the Austin one.
    I think Keller's a really good host and interviewer, also generally like hearing his opinions on stuff, but the technical side of the PWTorch audio is usually pretty poor and those daily episodes are torturous to listen to a lot of the time. Never hear any especially interesting news coming directly from them either.

Ah, what I've heard from Keller is pretty bad, two people using a phone line to record, it's not nice to listen to. When free shows like LAWradio have excellent audio (and done via skype half the time) why can't paid radio shows sound as good as Bryan Alvarez's?

PWInsider's is even more worse.

Essentially most of the dirtsheet era types are auld lads who aren't that tech savy. They seem to think any sound improvement compared to what they they have will cost thousands instead of realising the instant win Skype and the like is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

The Dusty interview on austin's show went up early decent show though they couldn't really stick to one topic kept moving onto another one when they got into a flow.

Daniel Bryan Is coming on in the next few weeks.

Think that it's the first Smackdown /RAW draft.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

+1 on SAS with Wade Keller. Very much enjoyed that.

Haven't listened to Austin on the Torch yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Dave Meltzer just announced that he will be on Steve Austin's podcast.

Any ideas when this is happening? I couldn't find anything on Austin's podcast site.

Any ideas when this is happening? I couldn't find anything on Austin's podcast site.

He is recording it AS WE SPEAK.

"So Dave tell me about this dirtsheet gimmick" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

I think I'd prefer Meltzer interviewing Austin rather than the other way round.

rqzz7l.jpg

Probably 50 minutes on Dave's answer to Austin's perennial question about David Schultz hitting John Stossel :p:

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Taken from the F4W Board.

THE STEVE AUSTIN SHOW DRINKING GAME

1. Drink every time Austin acknowledges the WWF had no plans for him when they first brought him in. Tank an extra drink if the story includes the words "mechanic" or "carpenter."
    2. Take one drink if Austin mentions his Ford Bronco. Take two drinks if he mentions Hershey the Wonder Dog. Make it three drinks for a story about Hersey riding in the Bronco.
    3. Every time Austin cuts off his guest to explain something about pro wrestling as though the entirety of his audience isn't pro wrestling fans, chug and don't stop until the explanation stops.
    4. Drink every time Austin throws to a commercial break but there's not an actual commercial break edited into the podcast.
    5. Drink when Austin asks his guests what they thought of Dr. D slapping John Stossel.
    6. When listening to a Mo episode, take a drink every time it sounds like Austin would pull a Dr. D on Mo if not for common decency.
    7. Take a shot every time Austin brings up the MSG Curtain Call.
    8. Take two shots if he mentions the Curtain Call to somebody who participated in it.
    9. Take two drinks on every mention of the Bone Street Krew.
    10. Take a sip if Austin says the show is "for the working man." Down the rest of your drink if, within the next two minutes, he mentions having something that no "working man" would have, like a ranch or custom made hunting scope.
    11. Drink every time Austin reads ad copy for a product that would never be associated with his badass character from the 1990s, like CougarLife.com.
    12. Take a shot every time Austin carefully dances around a touchy topic from his personal life, such as drug use or wife beating.
    13. Chug every time Austin is clearly read facts to a guest from the guest's own Wikipedia profile, and don't stop chugging until he stops reading.
    14. Take a drink every time Austin references watching a non-WWF wrestling product that you wouldn't expect him to watch, like TNA or ROH. Finish your drink if he ever mentions IWA Mid-South for some god foresaken reason.
    15. If the guest isn't a wrestler . . . forget it, we know you're not listening to the show if that's the case.

Thoroughly enjoyed the two Austin/Keller podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Daniel Bryan one is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

whatever happened with the interview Austin did with Bret Hart? Did he give any reason why it didn't air?

Daniel Bryan one is next week.

With Austin or Keller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

whatever happened with the interview Austin did with Bret Hart? Did he give any reason why it didn't air?

It aired.

Advertisement